Got a recall today on both of the Konas at work
KONA (OS EV) BATTERY LOGIC UPGRADE-01D076

It takes an hour to do any ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you previously had the BMS update ?
yes they did it because of a failure on charge rate at 150Kw rapids i did say that to the garage today, with Corona i have had no chance to test it

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yesterday my dealer booked my recall, but today they called to cancel because Hyundai is going to send a technician directly to me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Rang up for a service and I'm booked in for this too now. Seems dealers only heard about it yesterday and this chap at least has a meeting with the engineer about it today

·
Registered
Kona 64
752 Posts
Rang up for a service and I'm booked in for this too now. Seems dealers only heard about it yesterday and this chap at least has a meeting with the engineer about it today
The recall was posted on the Government website 16th October! Do we all get a home visit or doesHyundai not trust the local dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my recall done yesterday as I just happened to be in for a service when the recall came out. Took them all afternoon to do it as allegedly I was the first car in the UK to get it and head office wanted to monitor the process remotely

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I just checked my car on the Government website and it claims there are no outstanding recalls but I have had notification from the dealer.
The Gov website only seems to show it by model, not by reg - I tried my reg and a couple from ebay and none showed up despite correctly identifying the vehicle type

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD
1,064 Posts
It appears from the info I have seen so far that this does not apply to my car as it was registered in Sep 2018. However, it did need the original BMS update.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD
1,064 Posts
It appears from the info I have seen so far that this does not apply to my car as it was registered in Sep 2018. However, it did need the original BMS update.
About 5 mins after I posted this I got the letter in the post for the recall! Strange as the recall notice states it is for 'battery system in certain 2019-2020MY Kona Electric vehicles’ and mine is from 2018.

·
20 Posts
About 5 mins after I posted this I got the letter in the post for the recall! Strange as the recall notice states it is for 'battery system in certain 2019-2020MY Kona Electric vehicles’ and mine is from 2018.
Likewise, mine was registered in Sept 2018 and I received my recall letter today.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts