Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck in near standstill traffic for over an hour tonight just occasionally moving a car length forward. Radio blaring and air conditioning on. Lost a whopping 1 mile estimated range! Switched to Eco+ and the car estimated a 2 mile gain.
So I won't be worrying about battery loss in traffic. Another EV doubters myth debunked.
And the e-niro is just so smooth creeping forward.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Yes, I saw a comment recently from someone (an Icidiot - if I can over borrow a COVID term) laughing that I’d regret buying an EV when the motorway gets shut. It hadn’t seemed to occur to them that their engine was burning through their expensive tank of fuel whilst creeping at 1mph. Jeez, intelligence or what?

Reactions: ARB71

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, I saw a comment recently from someone (an Icidiot - if I can over borrow a COVID term) laughing that I’d regret buying an EV when the motorway gets shut. It hadn’t seemed to occur to them that their engine was burning through their expensive tank of fuel whilst creeping at 1mph. Jeez, intelligence or what?
I always give a snide answer that my electricity will last a lot longer just providing AC for car in traffic than their petrol will. (I think I worked out my Niro can run the AC for something like 3-4 days, where my ICE would have run out of fuel inside 24 hours doing same).,

·
Registered
220 Posts
Let's not forget that getting trapped on a blizzard the ICE driver has Make sure their exhaust is clear of snow so they don't gas themselves. Then again if the front of the car is covered in snow will any air get in for combustion purposes and therefore the engine won't run.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Drove a mile to a drive-thru where we had to wait maybe 4 minutes barely moving with music and climate control on. Journey efficiency dropped from 5.4 mi/kWh to 4.8! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts