Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had our Leaf for about 6 weeks now and a couple of weeks ago I noticed it didn't seem to be charging to full capacity although I've been too busy to do much about it. I've only got Carwings sorted last week and thought it was a bit odd that it kept sending me an email saying charging had stopped.

Last night the battery was at about 2 bars and I plugged in at 7pm - 10.30pm it's knocked off 2 bars short of a full charge and it won't top up to the full charge no matter what we do. We've tried changing from a Podpoint to a Rolec 16a charger makes no difference, checked all the electrics, all ok, tried the 10a charger on another socket just in case - no further charge. Have I done something with Carwings to make it charge to 80% by mistake? Has anyone else come across this?

We're installers, hence being able to swap chargers round & check electrics etc, but stumped with this.

·
Registered
654 Posts
You have the 'long life' mode set in the car. Press the carwings button and go to settings. You'll see it enabled there just switch it off and it will go to 100%

·
Super Moderator
7,509 Posts
Or if it's an older Leaf you might have charge timers set that limit to 80% charge.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have the 'long life' mode set in the car. Press the carwings button and go to settings. You'll see it enabled there just switch it off and it will go to 100%
Thanks - that seems logical but I can't find anything that relates to this on the settings button, or any others for that matter. It's just got email notifications on the setting button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to press the blue zero emission button in the car and it is there set long life mode to off to charge to 100%

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to press the blue zero emission button in the car and it is there set long life mode to off to charge to 100%
Thanks very much - clearly I should join Numpty's annonymous!! All sorted.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Just a point... even in the 80% mode... if you press the "charge now" button it will always charge to full... even with 80% set.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a point... even in the 80% mode... if you press the "charge now" button it will always charge to full... even with 80% set.
I couldn't get it to do anything - set the timer - it's ignored it and started charging anyway! Just need to find time in between customers to sit in the car with the manual and work it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts