Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused. Yesterday I made a journey which left my battery at 9%.
I have not plugged in or charged the car since.
It is now showing 13%.

Anybody know why? Does the outside temperature affect the reading or something? :confused:

·
The essence of good design is simplicity
161 Posts
Most batteries recover a bit of voltage after being used. I wouldn't take such percentages as accurate, just a guideline of what you should be able to get.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
When my Leaf used to do this it was because it had realised the battery had shrunk. 9% of a 24kwh battery is 2.16kwh, but 2.16kwh is 13% of a 16.6kwh battery. It would usually do it at the end of a drive, I could sit and watch the SOC increasing slowly!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
735 Posts
I have seen mine change / get higher ad hoc like that .. but not as much of a difference as in yours of 4% and I have often just seen the range go up/down maybe +-2km on my ZE20

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,714 Posts
The ZE50 is far more jumpy in every numerical respect (SOC, SOH). Almost new cars have a 90% SOH (as calculated by the car), where in the old ZOE it was consistently 100+% (usually 104, 107 seen). It could literally take months for it to change. If I were a betting man I'd say the entire software architecture of the battery is different and come next summer all SOH's will go up again, SOC will be funny, etc. Beta testers of CanZE on ZE50 are going bezerks already. But in the end, it's a number computed by an algorithm based on limited inputs. Oh well ;-)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ZE50 is far more jumpy in every numerical respect (SOC, SOH). Almost new cars have a 90% SOH (as calculated by the car), where in the old ZOE it was consistently 100+% (usually 104, 107 seen). It could literally take months for it to change. If I were a betting man I'd say the entire software architecture of the battery is different and come next summer all SOH's will go up again, SOC will be funny, etc. Beta testers of CanZE on ZE50 are going bezerks already. But in the end, it's a number computed by an algorithm based on limited inputs. Oh well ;-)
Well, that's interesting. A slightly broken graph in Tronity was also telling me my car had 90% SOH, which I thought seemed rather low. It also has battery capacity at 48kWh (90% of 53.3333 kWh?). I guess it gets these from Renault's API.

·
4,714 Posts
@electric_dreams probably yes. I can only say this is what people see and some of them had the numbers confirmed at the dealer, so we are sure we have the proper field. If the calculation in the car is correct, I can't know of course.

As for beta: you can simply enroll in the beta in the play store (Android), it's open, no need for any invitation.

Edit: we've been releasing beta's like on steroid the last two weeks. But a (still not entirely done) version will go into the production track in a few days.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
895 Posts
For those, like me, who've not used public betas on Android before:

Get beta versions of apps
  • Open the Google Play Store .
  • Find the app that you want to check and tap it to go to the app detail page.
  • Look to see if the app detail page mentions a beta version. Make sure that you scroll down as this information could be at the bottom of the page.
  • If it's available, tap Join Join

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
269 Posts
@electric_dreams probably yes. I can only say this is what people see and some of them had the numbers confirmed at the dealer, so we are sure we have the proper field. If the calculation in the car is correct, I can't know of course.

As for beta: you can simply enroll in the beta in the play store (Android), it's open, no need for any invitation.

Edit: we've been releasing beta's like on steroid the last two weeks. But a (still not entirely done) version will go into the production track in a few days.
Will there be an IOS version?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I had my ZE50 at the dealer for the pre con fix and when returned it had gone from 94% to 100% SOH, so yeah numbers are very up and down.
Very happy to hear canze for the ZE50 is under test (y):)

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 GT Line 135 CCS
645 Posts
For those, like me, who've not used public betas on Android before:

Get beta versions of apps
  • Open the Google Play Store .
  • Find the app that you want to check and tap it to go to the app detail page.
  • Look to see if the app detail page mentions a beta version. Make sure that you scroll down as this information could be at the bottom of the page.
  • If it's available, tap Join Join
Thanks. And @yoh-there - I touched on Beta signup. It says it is in progress and takes a few minutes. But nothing's changed in a couple of hours. Do I now download the app or what?

·
4,714 Posts
@AndrewC it should really automatically download the beta version. You can see if it really did by going to the settings screen, far bottom

For other progress info's, see the blog CanZE. We're far from done, but will release in the production channel soon. Thanks @cDy for the instructions. One thing I must say though. Things are still a bit bumpy with the slow KONNWEI dongle. As we need to keep the gateway open, we hardly see three functional requests per second coming through. We might be able to optimize that further in a later stage, but it's irritating. So if you are an electronics tinkerer, building a cansee dongle is even more advised. If not, we're also investigating if we can finally make a jump to a better, cheap, more potent dongle, possibly even on BLE. The wonders of a bigger team. This will also make iOS users smile I am sure. But read carefully: in-ves-ti-gating. That usually starts with waiting 6 weeks for the proverbial slow boat from China.

Speaking of iOS, there will be news soon, can't say much at this moment.

Geek alert:

·
Registered
553 Posts
this forum is full of people obsessed with guess-o-meters and battery percentages. then people say that "range anxiety is a myth". Stop looking at the numbers on the dash and doing silly things like reseting every trip "because you gain range" and just drive the car and enjoy the savings

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GTLine CCS
167 Posts
Thanks. And @yoh-there - I touched on Beta signup. It says it is in progress and takes a few minutes. But nothing's changed in a couple of hours. Do I now download the app or what?
How long did it take in the end? I've now applied for the beta problem and get the same message. Tried a few times over ~20 minutes to install but I still get the 'live' version.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GTLine CCS
167 Posts
Sorted now :) - will connect to the car tomorrow, already got a BT dongle.

@yoh-there is there any particular way you want it setting up or anything especial you're looking for or wanting reports on ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.