Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only way I can I know to read how much is left in the battery is using the app.
I can not find anyway to see it inside the car. It only tells me how many kilometers are left - which is rubbish.
When I charge this picture is displayed.

As soon I turn on the infotainment system it is gone. Is there any way to access again? Is there anyway to see this during driving?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,750 Posts
Correct. There is no way of knowing the percentage battery accurately without the app or plugging in and catching the display before it disappears. You can see it again when opening the door. There's only the fill segment display bottom right in the main dash display which is 12.5% segments apparently.

We have all moaned at Vauxhall as it is stupid!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Good to hear that it is not just me then. It is ridiculous as the estimate of kilometers left is absolutely useless.
In the owners manual I can see that a different dashboard display exists. It looks much better and it has a percentage meter. I dont know how I should have gotten this, as it is not listed as extras. Maybe a different model, but I would have payed good money for this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how are people finding the Corsa e this winter?
I never had en EV before, so I a bit surprised how big a difference the weather makes. In sommer I could drive to work and use 50% Now I use 70. Not possible to charge at work, so I have to charge on the way home.

The car should be able to charge 80% in half an hour. Yesterday I charged 47% in half an hour (and yes the charger is 175+). I am curios if delivers what is promised when it is summer.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,750 Posts
It's the first winter with mine. It was only showing about 160 at best in summer. The range meter is so off I have no idea yet as the battery percentage is still a mystery due to the app still not working fully. 55 miles of my usual round trip is summer 32-35% or so. Winter it's definitely over 40. The range meter before I switched cars was generally showing 125 miles each full charge and it seemed about right. New one hasn't settled so it starts off with an unrealistic 180 :rolleyes:

The headline charging speeds are always over egged. They hit top speeds at low states of charge in warm weather when the battery is the right temperature. Any other time and it will be slower.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About the app. Mine does often not update, when I hit the update symbol. It just goes round and round with no result. Is that normal or is it just mine?

It seems that I can always see the level on the app when I turn off the car.

I presume there is a sim card in the car for communicating. I bought my car in Germany and live in Denmark, so if the problem is mine alone, it could be a country issue.

·
Registered
OPEL CORSA e
99 Posts
About the app. Mine does often not update, when I hit the update symbol. It just goes round and round with no result. Is that normal or is it just mine?

It seems that I can always see the level on the app when I turn off the car.

I presume there is a sim card in the car for communicating. I bought my car in Germany and live in Denmark, so if the problem is mine alone, it could be a country issue.
I find if i hit refresh in the app. Then close it off. And opwn it again. Takes about 1 or 2 mins to update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts