Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Will it ever happen ?
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I charged my B250e over Thursday night and had a frost over night and got 55 mile range at 100% is this ok? What miles at 100% should I be taking it back to Mercedes for a battery change?
I have had the 2016 car for a year now and the best range I have had is 105 mile range and it has had all it's battery checks.

·
Paul Harrington
32 Posts
Also in the UK with a 2016 250e with 37500 on the clock. Are you resetting the A and B trip following your charge? On a normal 28kW charge I have been getting a GOM suggested range of 109 miles and reckon that on mainly A road driving at a fairly constant 58-59mph that 85-90 miles should be possible. Yesterday following a range extender charge I drove 58 miles to my daughter's house mainly on dual carriageway at 58mph (with a bit of hypermiling) and arrived with 62% remaining charge....I used the granny charger for around 3 hours and drove home in the dark with no rain (and only very occasional heating) and arrived home with 16 miles range remaining...not bad with temperatures between 7-10 C.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have seen range like that before during the cold winter months here in Maryland (east coast U.S.). This morning after charging in my garage with outside temps in the low 20's I had 94 miles (100%) on the GOM when I turned the car on. Then by the time I had driven about 5 miles the GOM had dropped to 69 miles but hadn't changed much as far as the percentage. My assumption is that the GOM updated based on me turning on the heat and it being so cold. It did overall use the same amount of range driving to work (I have exactly a 40 mile commute at the moment).

·
Will it ever happen ?
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found this reply on another post. "The warranty kicks in once the pack is down to ~19kWh which would be about 60-70 summer miles." Thats 3.1-3.7 miles per kWh
"The pack itself is 35.8kWh gross, with it charging to 28kWh normally".
"For all I know it may still charge to 28kWh even if it loses 5kWh of cells."

So with temperatures between 0 - 5 C. are we saying 55 mile 100% charge range is acceptable? so at 3.1 miles per kWh that works out at 17.74 kWh full charge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts