Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SOH stands at 87.5% at present for my 2016 Leaf with just over 30k miles. I'm contemplating buying a 2017 car, a few less miles but with a focus on a better SOH.

However, I'm also considering hanging on to my current car. in respect that should I need to claim on the warranty Nissan will fully support and uphold it.

According to this https://www.nissan.co.uk/content/dam/Nissan/gb/vehicles/leaf/product_code/1_carryover/owner_benefits/EV Customer Promise T&C's 05.02.18.pdf a repair will take place where 9 bars will be returned, should that not be the full 12? Also, when I spoke to a salesman at a Nissan dealership he informed that the warranty was for 8 years, but this seems only applicable to a 30 kWh example?

·
Registered
741 Posts
At 87.5% you're nowhere near the point where you can make a warranty claim. I don't remember exactly where the threshold is, but let's say its below 70% - The warranty only has to do enough to bring you back above 70% by maybe replacing one or two bad cells. It's not common that you'd get a whole battery pack replacement, and definitely not a new one with 100% health.

The longer warranty is only on the 30 kWh models I believe, yes. Its only 5 years on the 24 from memory.

Your SOH doesn't sound terrible for the age. I'd be expecting the good examples to be hovering just above or below the 90% mark by now.

If you do opt for buying a replacement, definitely go 30kWh

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
@80698 got in while I was typing!
He's right - it's only 5 years on the 24, and 8 years in only for the 30 and later models. So there's no point in getting a newer 24 as it'll be out of warranty soon. There's a LEAF30 Accenta on here for under £9k with the faster charger - if you do change go for something like that because even if the battery deteriorates you have the longer warranty and will have more left than the best LEAF24.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts