Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,039 Posts
But... torque from electric power IS the hand of God. Engineers have tamed some of God's powers and put them in the hands of mortals...... (usually richer mortals than the engineers that make it happen, but perhaps I should not dive into that rabbit hole today... ;) ).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'll reckon I'll get an electric bike in about 3 years when the range will have gone up and the cost will have come down.
After jumping out of the Tesla and on to my (ICE) bike, I can't believe the racket it makes, the constant tingly vibration and the heat it pumps out. Still love it though...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I'll reckon I'll get an electric bike in about 3 years when the range will have gone up and the cost will have come down.
After jumping out of the Tesla and on to my (ICE) bike, I can't believe the racket it makes, the constant tingly vibration and the heat it pumps out. Still love it though...:cool:

Come on now, stop trying to make out that's you wheelying, when the two bikes are clearly different....;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Come on now, stop trying to make out that's you wheelying, when the two bikes are clearly different....;)
Confess it isn't me doing the wheely. I did go to wheely school a few years back though. I told Mrs T it was a motorcycle safety training course :):whistle:

·
Madam Legurtz
407 Posts
I've got a Zero SR (2016) that I use for the daily commute in to London and back, a total of 52 miles that the bike does with ease. Even in the coldest of last Winter I got back with easily 25% residual charge from the mix of urban, dual carriageway (17 miles) and city roads.

Using the ICE car or motorcycle after several days of EV bike and car echoes just what @RJT85 said. Vibration, noise and even smell are becoming ever more undesirable features of driving/riding.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Confess it isn't me doing the wheely.
OT, but it's a quiet forum and it's an amusing story.....
I used to work with a girl years ago, she started going out with a new guy.
When she found out I raced bikes, she said her boyfriend raced too.
I'd never heard of him, she said she'd take some photos in.
Anyway, she then takes in photos that were taken on the grid of Grand Prixs, pointing to people like Eddie Lawson/Freddie Spencer (who had their helmets on) and saying "this is him when he raced for Yamaha..." :rolleyes:
Jesus, he was evidently a proper Walter Mitty character, I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts