Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you see this Sunday's Countryfile? Why do they keep dragging up this out of date rubbish? What if all the millions of electric cars charged at the same time. How many more power stations will we need. The grid can't take Cap'n.

·
EV Convert
524 Posts
The feature wasn't really about that though.

It was about the possibility of farmers investing in storage solutions (Red T featured) to store power generated on the farm (by whatever) and release to the grid when needed.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but there was the usual worry mongering along side that. I was disappointed that there was no reference to tidal. With tidal the units are under the water and out of site. We've got loads of tide power. It's a shame we don't take advantage of it.

·
EV Convert
524 Posts
Yes, but there was the usual worry mongering along side that. I was disappointed that there was no reference to tidal. With tidal the units are under the water and out of site. We've got loads of tide power. It's a shame we don't take advantage of it.
True. Where would they stop though.

I think the thing is that the piece was more about what farmers could realistically do, in conjunction with storage. They can have turbines on their land, install solar farms. Some could do small scale hydro. Some might have biomass / digester plants. Farmers can't do tidal or nuclear on any scale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts