Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I wanted to create a table to summarise some information but couldn't get it to work. I tried a few bbcode guides off the internet but they didn't work. I tried copying and pasting in some HTML with a table in it, that didn't work either.

thanks for any ideas,
Paul

·
Administrator
387 Posts
Specific BBCodes will only work if we have the site configured to accept it. There are a few to choose from. Did you find one that you liked particularly?

We disable HTML code from functioning within posts. Allowing it creates a significant security flaw.

Keivn

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wanted the following tags in square brackets to work: table, tr, th, td.
As listed here: BB codes
Am not trying to do anything fancy.

Thanks

This is what I type in, this is what appears:

table cell

·
Administrator
387 Posts
So this is harder then I thought it would be. Xenforo 1 (the version we use) doesn't have it's own Table BBcode. I looked into 3rd party versions, and couldn't find one that would be compatible with our set up.

That page you found I believe shows options for Xenforo 2, which we are planning on upgrading to in the near future. I think I'll have to wait for that upgrade

Kevin

·
Administrator
387 Posts
I will pass the feedback on to the developers.

We will continue to see weekly updates to the site that are largely fueled by member feedback.

You can follow our progress here.

- Cricket

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers!

I would anticipate it would work like other wikis, using pipe symbols, double for title cells like this

|| title1 || title2 || title3 ||
| cell1 | cell2 | cell3 |

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts