Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just a quick update to let you know that the Be.EV app/RFID is now available for chargers in Manchester.

You can download it from any of the usual app stores (just search Be.EV) or visit the Be.EV website Be.EV | You're in charge

It's free to download and free to get an RFID card.

Would appreciate thoughts!

Over 90% of the old GMEV chargers are now Be.EV.

Thanks!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,443 Posts
Downloaded the app and ordered the card. Had a look at the online map and the few points that I looked at seem to be free. There is one point on the app that it is in Glasgow, nearest for me, and it is 35p a kWh. Another card to keep handy in the car in case of an emergency.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
74 Posts
Downloaded the app and ordered the card. Had a look at the online map and the few points that I looked at seem to be free. There is one point on the app that it is in Glasgow, nearest for me, and it is 35p a kWh. Another card to keep handy in the car in case of an emergency.
Download also and signed up, although can't add vehicle as not listed. Peugeot 2008.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I see rather cryptic mention of it on the Be.EV website, but does anyone know for sure if the Be.EV RFID card will have interoperability ("with other charging networks") with the CYC-Charge Your Car and Charge Point Scotland chargers?
A trip North is planned to see the Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel and forewarned is forearmed and all that. .....:giggle:

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,443 Posts
I see rather cryptic mention of it on the Be.EV website, but does anyone know for sure if the Be.EV RFID card will have interoperability ("with other charging networks") with the CYC-Charge Your Car and Charge Point Scotland chargers?
A trip North is planned to see the Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel and forewarned is forearmed and all that. .....:giggle:
Don't know about interoperability of this card but there is a new charging hub opened up at the Falkirk football stadium which is not too far from the Kelpies via a dedicated footpath. CYC or CPS will work on them.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, not currently, but discussions will be ongoing. Be.EV cards will be usable with Be.EV chargers in Manchester and Swarco E-Connect chargers. The locations should be on the app/website.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, not currently, but discussions will be ongoing. Be.EV cards will be usable with Be.EV chargers in Manchester and Swarco E-Connect chargers. The locations should be on the app/website.
That's great, thank you for the prompt answer.
I registered for my Be-EV account and RFID earlier; the process worked really well. (y)
Deb.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
74 Posts
Does the RFID card
Hi! If you log back in, you should be able to add your vehicle now. Let me know if there are any problems? Thanks!
Hi, just added it, thank you 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
The app is poor signed up on my iPhone.iPhone remembered credentials. Fingerprint login didn’t work. Using remembered credentials didn’t work. Total fail.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
810 Posts
Another app. I've only had an EV for three weeks, and I'm already sick of downloading apps.

And the confirmation email didn't arrive.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,410 Posts
How about the opposite: I have the Swarco E-connect RFID, will it work with Be.EV chargers?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The app is poor signed up on my iPhone.iPhone remembered credentials. Fingerprint login didn’t work. Using remembered credentials didn’t work. Total fail.
Hi, i will check this with Swarco and ask them to resolve. Apologies!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another app. I've only had an EV for three weeks, and I'm already sick of downloading apps.

And the confirmation email didn't arrive.
Hi, you don't need the app, you can use webpay at the charging point as an alternative should you need to use it. 7kw chargers don't accept contactless payment as the money units are too small. The rapid chargers will have contactless payment once they are installed. I appreciate your frustration...i've had an EV for 6 years and it's endless....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts