Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive a noob question, but I've just plugged in at the chargers in the northern quarter, and on a shared post only get 16 A.
Is this correct? or should I only get 32A when not sharing the post.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the car charges at 7kw on my tethered Wallbox.
The post is shown as 7kw on the website and on zap map.
The cable came with the car (M3) and should be 32A, but I'm suspecting it may be the culprit.
I may have to try a different location.

I was just wondering what speeds others were experiencing on these chargers.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There seem to be a few reports of slow charging on this network (GMEV now becoming BE.EV - charging points across Greater Manchester)

I charged at the street post on Hulme Street last week and didn't notice getting a slow charge.

Check out the thread GMEV is changing as well for some more reports.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Please forgive a noob question, but I've just plugged in at the chargers in the northern quarter, and on a shared post only get 16 A.
Is this correct? or should I only get 32A when not sharing the post.

Is it one of the old Elekromotive posts - Port Street?
I know BE.EV have replaced most chargers but not all.
The old ones were sometimes fudged with a fixed 50-50 split rather than being dynamic as that made them slightly less unreliable.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The cable came with the car (M3) and should be 32A, but I'm suspecting it may be the culprit.
I may have to try a different location.
It world be pretty disappointing if the cable that came with the car didn’t support max charging rate - unless the car is 2nd hand and the cable was replaced for some reason. A 16A cable would be cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts