Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the Beep of the horn when charging is a totally unnecessary nuisance, but even more annoying is the double Beep when you leave the car and a key is detected inside.

A few days ago I pulled into a hospital car park and left the car to buy a parking ticket. The car emitted two short blasts on the horn because my wife was still sat in the car with her keys in her handbag. A couple of women walking in front of the car almost jumped out of their skins!

Just been on a very long journey and had to refuel twice. On both occasions other drivers refueling turned and gave me a dirty look when the car beeped. One one occasion the attendant at the cash desk looked up and gave me that 'what's wrong?' look.

I have raised this with Vauxhall customer care, and they advise me that it's a Chirp rather than a Beep. Whatever it is it's b****y annoying. They advised me that it can't be disabled but would pass my complaint to the production team.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
According to my manual, there is a setting called the 'Remote left in vehicle reminder' which turns the chirping on or off. Its under the 'Remote Lock / Unlock / Start' settings...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Whats the trigger as I have had this go off whilst still in the car. Is it if you open then close the door (e.g. to check you are positioned ok in a parking space) - it assumes you have got out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopbackguy, thanks I must have overlooked that in the manual. Have switched it off now.

George, I think with ignition off opening and closing drivers door triggers it.

If I could just get rid of the charge beep I'd be happy:):):)

·
Registered
705 Posts
According to my manual, there is a setting called the 'Remote left in vehicle reminder' which turns the chirping on or off. Its under the 'Remote Lock / Unlock / Start' settings...
Thanks for that I have just disabled mine. It is a useful feature but the problem that I have found is it does not recognise that there are two keys in the car. When refueling I leave the door ajar so the warning does not sound but it still beeps when I get back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts