Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is it with beeps?

I want to check the charge, but the key is over there, so press the ON button, it beeps, continously, while I wait for the charge level to display.

I switch it off. It beeps again, because I have the door open. I KNOW!.

I want to wait in the car with the radio on while it is charging, with the door open. It beeps. I KNOW the door is open.

I open the flap. it ****** beeps.

I push the charger in it ******BEEPS*****

I leave the key in the car and try to lock it. it ***********XX*** beeps and wakes up the neighbours.

I drop off wifey, she walks off with the key in her pocket, it !!!BEEPS!!! but she IGNORES it. because it beeps if you breath in the wrong sequence.

I am beeping beeped off with the beeps.

Bye,

G-BEEP

beeped

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, just like to say thanks. I got 3 likes!

But not a lot of replies about how I might be able to stop the beeping beeps.

I am going to cut the blue wire. Or is it the red one?

I know: We will all get together, and cut one one wire each on our cars. Whichever car is still working, but without the beeps, wins.

I live down south west, so it is probably best to run this experiment near Dundee.

Thankyou.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can turn off the initial start up sound, cant remember how to do it but that is possible as that soon got annoying

·
Super Moderator
7,509 Posts
Haha I was having a conversation at the weekend about how the car could do with some more beeps, to tell you if it's on a timer charge or immediate charge when you plug it in.... *runs for cover*

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think lots of the beeps are useful until today the car beeped continually to tell me had the door open and I assume that the key fob was in the car surprisingly I was getting out of the car at the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
From thread above I guess it is not possible disable the beeps? I am thinking particularly of the beeps to the outside world at 5.30 in the morning for no apparent reason!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts