Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best app to use for controlling functions such as the climate control timer and checking on how charging is progressing please? There seem to be a few but which is most user-friendly? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I find they are all too slow. Nissan servers are very slow to respond.

My solution is to have a middle man handling Nissan server communication for me. I use Home Assistant and use the Leaf integration. https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nissan_leaf/

So that the Raspberry Pi (which runs all my home automations) is an agent between me and slow Nissan server. I can then start charging/climate through: home assistant app, apple homekit toggle, google home voice, hallway wireless button press and even according to calendar appointment.
Possibilities are endless. :D

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I find they are all too slow. Nissan servers are very slow to respond.

My solution is to have a middle man handling Nissan server communication for me. I use Home Assistant and use the Leaf integration. https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nissan_leaf/

So that the Raspberry Pi (which runs all my home automations) is an agent between me and slow Nissan server. I can then start charging/climate through: home assistant app, apple homekit toggle, google home voice, hallway wireless button press and even according to calendar appointment.
Possibilities are endless. :D
That still doesn't stop Nissan servers from being a pain.

What you could do is automate retry for every interaction with Nissan APIs

I used car timers for charging and preconditioning the car.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That still doesn't stop Nissan servers from being a pain.

What you could do is automate retry for every interaction with Nissan APIs

I used car timers for charging and preconditioning the car.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Exactly what I think. why make it more complicated?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Nissan server, so far, has been okay for me after I started using home assistant. Unlike previous years where as soon as the cold bites, the server almost becomes unreachable. Hopefully this continues.

Re-try on error can be easily done. I do this for more important remote charge start.

This may sounds compliacted to set up, but far simplifies end-user interaction. My wife used to forget to heatup the car, the app takes too long to load or she doesn't have the time while dealing with the toddler at terrible-two. Now, just press the hallway button while getting wrapped up. Everything else is sorted by the Pi.

·
Registered
65 Posts
To the OP - good luck.

I followed all instructions from Nissan on how do to it - it doesn't work. I can't get onto any app at all and Nissan have now stopped bothering to respond to my queries completely. Very disapponing and sadly all too common, i gather.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Quickleaf and Myleaf are the ones i use the most. Can start remote AC and Remote Charge start to override timers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
To the OP - good luck.

I followed all instructions from Nissan on how do to it - it doesn't work. I can't get onto any app at all and Nissan have now stopped bothering to respond to my queries completely. Very disapponing and sadly all too common, i gather.
I have had lots of issues trying to connect to the Nissan servers. I bought mine in April this year, 3-yr old 30kw Tekna.
Issue #1: For a used car first ensure the previous owner has removed themselves from the system completely. That is the "you+nissan" and the "nissanconnect ev", "nissan ev" or "carwings" app as well. ALL the previous accounts must be de-registered and taken off the Nissan servers, both the human and the car's VIN.
If you can't contact the previous owner, you will just have to keep bothering Nissan, nag nag nag until they do what you want. With Nissan, you do really have to be like a dog with a bone, they eventually pull themselves out of their sloth and will do something. Do not let it slide-that is what they count on-people giving up because it's all too hard.

For a rundown of how to properly connect you can see my previous post here:https://www.speakev.com/threads/nissan-connect-v-nissan-carwings.144718/#post-2735335

Checkout post #11 on the same thread.

Good luck and please come back and let us know how you got on, Tony.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you Tony. I will have a look at that. The previous owner has been removed by Nissan, that has been done. I am in a limbo where the system says it's ready but I can't log I to anything except you+Nissan.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thank you Tony. I will have a look at that. The previous owner has been removed by Nissan, that has been done. I am in a limbo where the system says it's ready but I can't log I to anything except you+Nissan.
Do you at option to subscribe? You need to sign up for free 3 year service to access the apps

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
117 Posts
OK that's where I was for months.
install the MyLeaf app and see if you can get that going, that means you can contact and be authorised on the Nissan servers.
nissanconnect ev is a bit trickier.
Nissan eventually got it sorted, what I would do in your place is to make a request for a password reset on you+ Nissan. When you get that, you are then able to (now) use that same password on the app.
Since I changed my password using the same for both, it all works now for me.

Cheers Tony.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you at option to subscribe? You need to sign up for free 3 year service to access the apps

- Leaf 30 kWh
Yes you have to go through the steps in my guide, subscriptions are another Nissan gotcha.

·
Registered
117 Posts
One more thing-this is something I forgot about on the guide too- you must go to your smartphone-settings- and delete the cache and data for the nissan app. This is for the Android environment-don't have a clue with Apple stuff-philosophically opposed to any closed system-but that's another story!

After deleting the cache and data, only then uninstall the app.

Then re-install nissanconnect ev from the Google store.

If you don't do this you will continue to go round in circles as I did.

Hopefully you will be good to go.

Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you Tony and Dave for your continued comments,

Thats the problem, i can't find or see the subscribe option anywhere, thats where im getting stuck. Nissan are giving me a url which is said to have the subscribe option on and it just doesnt. Nowhere to be seen. I've also followed online instructions to get to it but just can't. I've tried the reset password thing, again no luck. My car is on the You+Nissan account and i have a green light and 'active' on the carwings bit...but after that..totally stuck.
Also, i have the My Leaf app - but again, not able to log in (i can't log into any app, Nissan genune ones or otherwise, i've tried all of the apps, i think! But yes, i'll try your suggestions there and let you know.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thank you Tony and Dave for your continued comments,

Thats the problem, i can't find or see the subscribe option anywhere, thats where im getting stuck. Nissan are giving me a url which is said to have the subscribe option on and it just doesnt. Nowhere to be seen. I've also followed online instructions to get to it but just can't. I've tried the reset password thing, again no luck. My car is on the You+Nissan account and i have a green light and 'active' on the carwings bit...but after that..totally stuck.
Also, i have the My Leaf app - but again, not able to log in (i can't log into any app, Nissan genune ones or otherwise, i've tried all of the apps, i think! But yes, i'll try your suggestions there and let you know.
What sort of password are you using? Alphabets and numbers only. Max 8 characters.

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
65 Posts
The website says it has to be 8 characters MINIMUM and must include both a capital letter and a special character. All of my passords so far have been over 8 charaters long...so i am now doing a new 8 character one...stand by....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bah. Nope. Can get into You+Nissan with new password. Can't get into Nissan EV connect or My Leaf. says incorrect login / invalid login.
Also can't log into the carwings bit (the blue/yellow page inside the you+nissan page)
PPPPPPPPPPSHBQHQQQQQQQQQQQWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bah. Nope. Can get into You+Nissan with new password. Can't get into Nissan EV connect or My Leaf. says incorrect login / invalid login.
Also can't log into the carwings bit (the blue/yellow page inside the you+nissan page)
Nissan Connect services appear to be down again. My car is still apparently 30 miles away on a rapid, and premium traffic is not available.

All as I have come to expect for Nissan, it will work again in a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts