Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Elec...

This guide I wrote on the other thread gives detailed instructions and screenshots of the procedure.

Steps 4 and 5 are where you are getting confused.

Obi - Confusing isn't it? Carwings is the original system Nissan used, now defunct. NissanEV is it's replacement.
1) Before anything works you have to have a You+Nissan account set up.
This is usually easiest on a home computer or laptop. EDIT- Nissan have now changed it the same password is now required.
* It has it's own unique password, which MUST be different from the NissanEV app on your smartphone.**
2) Once your you+Nissan account is set up, you need to set up your vehicle profile.
3) logout and login again.

4) Go to your Vehicle profile and there should be a large box with the heading "Connected Car", and should state it is active. In that box click "connect", that opens another tab in your browser.
5)Scroll down to the "Subscriptions" box. Make sure you subscribe to at least the NissanEV.

6) On your smartphone Android or Apple install the connectnissan ev app.
7) Create a password
9) Log in and use Nissan's very slow and pretty crappy app.

10) Give up on connectnissan ev and get a third-party app. Faster more comprehensive more reliable. Unfortunately they all still have to rely on the Nissan API calls to the vehicle via Nissan's servers.

I did a quick video showing my system. Turn the sound down because the lovely Jane is clanging and banging in the kitchen.....
You can download it from my dropbox---too big for EV forum servers here is the link-mind your ears!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5tddacndhuqorr/VID_20191119_162756.3gp?dl=0

Cheers Tony.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tony, (again, thank you for all of your help with this) - this is the thing - there is no subscriptions bit! Not at all!

I'm all the way up to part 4 - all good. - right up until the bit where you click the 'connect' bit and a new page opens.

5) - there is no subscriptions bit on that page. The new page that opens is a more old fashioned looking "You+Nissan" page with a blue background and yellow text. There is no where on there to subscribe. Just a log in option which doesn't accept the you+nissan logins and a register option which just is asking you to register to You+Nissan, which i already am! This is on my laptop.
When i try this on my phone and you get to the 'connect' (green dot) bit - the new page that opens is just the Nissan homepage with the new Juke on it and nothing of any relation to be found!

The subscription (or lack of) bit is totally ballsing it up for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
OK this is the stage I was at about 2 months ago.
Have you completed your vehicle profile correctly?

That's where I went wrong, and I got that old blue and yellow page too.

On your laptop, what operating system and browser are you using?
I found Linux Kubuntu and Firefox worked best for me. Windows 10 and the e browser thingy were hopeless.
If you are using any Apple stuff, sorry I can't help you there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im on a live chat with Nissan again at the moment, trying a few things, i'll advise :)
As far as I can tell Nissan Connect services are down again. They went down about mid day yesterday. It normally takes them a couple of days to sort themselves out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
As far as I can tell Nissan Connect services are down again. They went down about mid day yesterday. It normally takes them a couple of days to sort themselves out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm surprised rebooting the servers takes that long.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Its probably because there are a few layers...
Internet facing, DMZ, Internal secure(!)database server.. oh the fun and games of rebooting a platform...

Saying that mine is working just grand this morning :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can't login either, timed out after 3 mins 28 secs. That's at 10.00 am Wed 20th Nov.

The MyLeaf app. still works though......

·
Registered
56 Posts
I cannot use 'My Leaf' app unless I pay to subscribe to CarWings/Nissan Connect despite being registered with You+NIssan as my car is five years old. Frankly, if I have to pay I shall live without any/all of the services provided by Nissan apps or anyone else's.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I cannot use 'My Leaf' app unless I pay to subscribe to CarWings/Nissan Connect despite being registered with You+NIssan as my car is five years old. Frankly, if I have to pay I shall live without any/all of the services provided by Nissan apps or anyone else's.
Pay? how much? I resubscribed for 3 years (after 3 years) for 0.00 I believe

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thats interesting....so might i have to pay for it? My car is 6 years old now. If i have to pay, i'll just leave it!

Further to my being on the live chat earlier, no further progress. Apparently though they can see that my car is still linked to the previous owner, despite me having a previous confirmation from Nissan that this was changed/done when i submitted my proof of ownership weeks ago. I have been told that someone will ring me to discuss further but i've been told that 3 times before so i wont hold my breath.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is so weird-it's like a strange sort of deja vu! Your experience is exactly the same as mine, Nissan said they had removed the previous owner-they just blatantly lied to me.

I tracked down the previous owner through facebook his name was on the V5 (very naughty I know) he was a great guy who gave me lots of good info and called me back several times during my learning curve.

He told me he had not thought about removing himself from the you+nissan or app and he then proceeded to do so for me. He was busy with his new e3 BMW, obviously that took his attention away from sorting his old vehicle.

Nissan will lie and lie again to your face, always challenge them with questions, always get them to put it in writing-I just ask them to flick me a confirmatory email after talking to them. That way you have some ammunition. I always record every conversation with them on my smartphone; there are many apps out there for that, but you have to tell them you are recording when you first start a conversation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pay? how much? I resubscribed for 3 years (after 3 years) for 0.00 I believe

- Leaf 30 kWh
I don't know H.Dave, I didn't really delve too deeply after realising a charge was necessary/likely. I shall have a look when time allows, thanks for the tip. (y)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts