Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a subjective question, but just wondered what everyone's person favourite colours were, and is there a more desirable colour than others??

Been offered a black Acenta, while I currently have a black C-Max which I love the look of (18" wheels and tinted glass help) the black Acenta I've seen didn't float my boat, can't decide if it's the wheels of the fact the rear isn't fully tinted (like it appears to be on most Teknas - was it an option on the Acenta?).

·
Registered
48 Posts
My order of preference...

The metallic dark red (can't remember what its called)
White
Gun Metal (what i ended up with)
Silver
Light blue
Black
Red
Bronze

To be honest the cars looks are rather marmite and theres only so much you can do to polish a turd - i'm guessing looks is pretty low down on most owners reasons for purchase.

Reactions: Sputnik72

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but from certain angles.... (Trying to sell it here..) they look really nice .

Love the deep red you mention and the gun metal grey .. just not feeling it with the black so far..

·
Registered
394 Posts
Get a white or lighter colour if you can, they stay looking cleaner for much longer. Black is the very worst, followed by the bronzy colour I have-but I'm retired and have plenty of time to clean and polish it.....

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,371 Posts
Wife loves her flaming red Leaf.
(it's her car, but when she doesn't need it, I drive it because driving electric saves money)

Personally, I'd prefer baby blue for Leaf.

I've also seen a black Leaf with chrome pack, it works very well IMHO.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a white or lighter colour if you can, they stay looking cleaner for much longer. Black is the very worst, followed by the bronzy colour I have-but I'm retired and have plenty of time to clean and polish it.....
Don't mind the cleaning or keeping it clean, from what I'm seeing the black one's look best in the Tekna trim and with the chrome pack.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
OMG my black leaf is beautiful but my god it’s dirty 60 seconds after washing! It’s my first black cat so not used to it! My silver one got washed over as year lol!

I was going to buy the chrome pack but after seeing some pics of it, I prefer the look of the pure black actually.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah but your
OMG my black leaf is beautiful but my god it’s dirty 60 seconds after washing! It’s my first black cat so not used to it! My silver one got washed over as year lol!

I was going to buy the chrome pack but after seeing some pics of it, I prefer the look of the pure black actually.
Yeah but yours is the Tekna (which I agree does look cool) but would you feel the same with the Acenta, 16" wheels and no rear privacy glass? The one I've seen just doesn't look 'special'

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah but your

Yeah but yours is the Tekna (which I agree does look cool) but would you feel the same with the Acenta, 16" wheels and no rear privacy glass? The one I've seen just doesn't look 'special'

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah but your

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Ok so have spent the afternoon polishing the black beauty! I bought some good maguires kit and a wash kit thinking I could maybe get into ”Detailing” however now I know I could not, after spending just 10 mins polishing I was sick of it!

Does look great tho...... for 5 mins!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah. Black cars look really nice when they're newly polished, the problem is keeping them that way. I like black, had black cars for many years but every tiny scratch in the clear coat and every speck of road salt and dirt sticks out like a sore thumb. The only way to avoid swirl scratches in the clear coat when polishing it is to go through the entire cleaning routine including claying the paintwork after washing it and who the heck wants to have to do that - it all gets monotonous after a while. Different for a show car or something you'll want to keep for 20 years but that's not a leaf lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've a black Tekna and agree - its very hard to keep clean. The main issue is mudflaps - or lack of.

Has anyone put mudflaps on their leaf, or are they a massive range impacting no no?

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
I was considering getting them for this reason - I noticed the official Leaf ones are about £145 before fitting!!!!

1 - 15 of 14 Posts