Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question for all you financially savvy people (of which there must be many given the cars y'all buy!! ;) ); what's the best credit card to get these days?

I am looking to swap from current due to customer service issues, so there is more to just a 'bung' of a bit of cash back or transfer, which add up to not-very-much-really in plain cash terms. Reviews and bald figures don't usually inform on whether the customer service is good or bad.

So far I am looking at 'aqua' card which offers 0.5% cash back. It's 40% APR is eye watering but I always pay off in full, no issue for me.

There again, never rely on the idea that times might not get hard and there is a NatWest card at 9.9% APR, no cashback, but, hey, who can say what life will throw at us in the future, maybe an instant bit of credit at a reasonable rate is a good idea?

Both of those say they have foreign transactions for not extra charge, though I have a caxtonfx card to deal with that.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
So far I am looking at 'aqua' card which offers 0.5% cash back. It's 40% APR is eye watering but I always pay off in full, no issue for me.
The rule change about transaction charges a little while back killed off most benefits. I guess that high APR is to pay for that cashback.

I used to have COOP affinity cards since I could get the DD to take the full amount each month (few cards allowed that at the time I started them), but they stopped them due to the above change. Customer service was always good.
Now I have a Nationwide card as I bank there and there are some card perks for that, and as we use Tesco a lot I have one of theirs, which doubles as a Clubcard. Also one is Visa and one MC, so a little bit more redundancy in them. I've not had to test customer services on them though.

·
One Life - Leaf It
488 Posts
If you've got the time to look at switching you might want to have a look at the offerings from Monzo or Starling:

They aren't strictly credit cards but offer a bunch of neat features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts