Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am tall guy (5'11'') and looking best EV car , which can suits for tall drivers

Thanks,
Sathya

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,712 Posts
At 6ft 5in I find the Soul EV to be roomy enough in the drivers seat but hasnt got the biggest of boots, if thats important.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I'm 6' 1", and have yet to find a car where I can't fit into the driver's seat comfortably. E.g no probs in my wife's Citroen C1.

Where I have had a problem is finding one where my similarly-tall son & father in law can fit in the back seat with decent headroom. Golfs were ok, Fabias were ok, but Focus was a complete no-no. Current Ampera is a bit marginal as there's a beam across supporting tailgate hinges, but my son's flexible enough to fit in the back when necessary.

·
Registered
224 Posts
5' 11'' isnt tall!

i am 6' 5'' and dont normally struggle to drive a car but no one can sit behind me for any length of time.

I have recently changed from my ICE Skoda superb to a Nissan leaf and it is fine for my daily commute into London. Last weekend i took the wife & dogs to Norfolk, so a total of about 6 or 7 hours in the car and it was fine - admittedly not a comfortable as the superb but then i didn't expect it to be.

The kids are grown up now (18 & 16) so dont come out with us a lot, but if they did i am sure we could manage a hour or so journey with no problems. any more than that the person behind me might struggle.

Ultimately it will come down to what the car is used for and your particular seating position

One thing that caused me an issue for the first week in my Leaf was that the steering wheel does move in and out

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is that fact or are you basing it on the 4 replies on this thread?

Might need a larger sample.........

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'll increase sample size by 25%

I'm 6' 3" and have fitted fine in Leaf, Zoe, BMW i3 and Soul EV.

Hybridwise Golf GTE was OK, Ioniq hybrid, the mini (cant remember if its the countryman or clubman they do the PHEV version of) were both fine and I was swallowd easily by one of the big diesel hybrid Volvos

dont know if these counts but asking around work just now one of my colleagues is 6ft and has had no problems with either their old Zoe or currently a 2nd hand leaf

another is 6' 1" and has had no problems with his old Zoe or new Soul EV

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm fairly short at 5'11 but have a long back. Only car I have had a problem with was the ioniq, raise the seat off the floor and your forward visibility is cut off by the downward curve of the roof.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Wow, I see I've just graduated to "nearly tall" at 5ft 10 1/2 !!

A friend of mine who IS tall, at 6ft 5, says he found the Soul very comfortable when he tried mine.
And i find it very comfortable as well, but I am 1/2inch shorter than you.
I can however wear a hat (I keep forgetting in this weather) without it brushing the roof.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Well, I'm 5ft7, so I'm not tall.

However, my brother is 6ft1, and we both drive Leafs.

The Leaf is actually a very tall car - similar height to the Juke, Vauxhall Meriva, etc and distinctly taller than "regular" hatchbacks. It is distinctly more generous for headroom than our "big" car - a Volvo V70.

We had a rental (ICE) Kia Soul recently, and that had similarly generous headroom to the Leaf.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm 6ft 4in and have relatively short legs / long back. I fit into the Zoe fine. There's no vertical adjustment on the seats, but my eyeline is fine and I find it comfortable. (BTW I was surprised a while back when I literally couldn't fit into an i10, as my knees were jammed against the dash) I also fit into an MG Midget ok, though my head does touch the roof since I replaced the 40-year-old seats

1 - 20 of 23 Posts