Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there has been quite a boom in the EV industry recently, along with the fact that I believe Electric Vehicles will soon be the dominant type of automobile in the industry, I wanted to look at some of the best charging companies. Right now I have my eyes on PLUG, BLINK, and GE. What are your thoughts on best EV charging companies?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It will be a long time before there is profit in EV charging due to the high installation cost. I'm sure we'll see some mergers and takeovers over time. I wouldn't be putting money in any time soon

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Perhaps some of the related tech is more investable? Tesla don't just make EVs, they also make a lot of very large battery systems for use with Grids, e.g. peak-capping is a highly profitable activity. Oersted are heavily into wind power & generation, & wind farms I think, so I'm thinking of taking a look at them to maybe invest something.

Maybe even National Grid? Someone has to deliver the electrons, and there's going to be a lot more demand for capacity if we see lots of heat-pump CH systems being sold. But the regulator tends to clamp done on them, as they're a monopoly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts