Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For once, not a post about driving range but about interior... range!

My partner is 6'6". What's the best EV for tall people? So far we have tried the

• BMW i3 (which got a big tick due to interior space)
  • Peugeot e-208 (which didn't despite having broadly similar external dimensions)

The above probably fit the price range i'm looking at too. Currently renting through On.to.

Curious about the e-2008, DS 3 and the e-Niro but no online video reviews really cover comfort from the perspective of a tall person. I want to line up some test drives come end of lockdown.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,406 Posts
Plenty of headroom in the MG EZS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm 6'5" and find the Leaf+ very comfortable to drive. Plenty of room. Reviewers sometimes point out the lack of steering wheel extension as a flaw for taller people, but I genuinely don't find it an issue. On motorways I also like the autopilot and flat-bottomed steering wheel combination; it makes for a very relaxed position.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm 6'5" - ZS EV Excite fits easily - Exclusive has a sunroof which steals headroom so a 'long bodied' 6'6" may find it tight.

I'm longer of the leg and one of the guys @DuRam notes who find LEAF tight due to the lack of reach-adjustment on the steering wheel - the bottom of the wheel is on my lap.

MG5 Estate doesn't have a sunroof and has plenty headroom. It also has reach adjustable steering which I suspect may make it even better than the ZS for getting comfy.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
197 Posts
I’m 6’5”, had an e-Niro for a year, it was fine for headroom and easy to get in and out of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
6' 6" and fairly proportioned in whether the height comes from my legs vs my back. I drive an e-Niro 4 with no problems (no idea what the sunroof on a 4+ would do to the headroom); if my back were much longer though I'd be marginal on the visibility due to the roofline.

Realise that's not the most useful as I've essentially said "depends" but hopefully gives a steer.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,483 Posts
6'5. For me the heads up display and centre-rearview-mirror are useless in the Kona.

Don't need the seat right back, but have it lowered and that stuffs someones' feet who is sitting behind me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 6'4 and test drove numerous EV's before eventually deciding on a Renault Zoe. Headroom wasn't a problem in any of them.

Best of luck whichever EV you choose. But I doubt headroom will be the deciding factor?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
All our family are tall, so the pinch seems to be with the rear seat headroom. I even rejected the iPace because the roof swoops down in the rear and my hair was touching the roof lining.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I’m 6’1 and fussy about driving positions and find the i3 very comfortable. Also plenty of room in the footwell for those with large feet (plus a proper left footrest).

·
1,555 Posts
Might be hard to find one of these for sale...

But we fit an ex-NBA (Basketball) Champion player in my wife's EV...

·
Registered
21 Posts
The leaf has enough height in the front and back for me (192cm tall... nowhere near 6ft 6!) Only issue for me is that the steering wheel is only height adjustable.

I think you'll just have to go and test drive the car you like the look of, they are all surprisingly accommodating, I test drove a Smart EQ and that by far had the most room out of everything I looked at which was surprising.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
786 Posts
Allegedly, all LEAF’s produced November 2020 onwards will have telescopic steering wheel adjustments, MY 2021.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Corsa-e seems to fit Thomas from Autogefuel pretty well (he's 6'1").
Maybe have a look:
(seek to about 11:30 minutes where he talks about headroom).

I know that the Corsa-e is based as the same platform as the e208, but maybe it still give some more headroom.

About the e2008, you can see his review here:
(seek to about 10:00).

Good luck :)

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7.4kW
48 Posts
I fit in the Corsa-e at 6’5 fine but say goodbye to the passenger seat behind!

I have to move the seat all the way back, pump it down a bit and then a little rear angle on the set because the headrest angles are not setup for people with heads at the top of it but other than that space is fine.

A bit better than the e-208 because the centre console isn’t as wide but realistically a car this size is never going to give huge amounts of space. Also that far back I can’t move the wheel as close as I’d like to be comfortable in normal hand positions.

I’ve driven the BMW i3’s as well and they certainly have more cabin space because they are so barren but the chairs don’t move back as far so you have less leg room length wise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts