Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I while ago, someone suggested the best fuse (and indeed in which fuse box) for powering a dash cam. I’ve searched for the comment, but I’m unable to find it, is there anyone that can tell me and save me a lot of experimentation ? Would be awesome :)

Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dashcam was powered through a cigarette lighter socket. As I already used the socket in the dashboard "glovebox" for my phone/satnav, I bought a splitter (male to 2 female) from eBay. It's quite easy to track the cable around the edge of the screen to the dashcam from here. Both plugs, splitter and spare cables fit (just) into the space with the lid shut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Paul
I saw the same discussion and went with it. The fuse is in the near side fuse box and I used one of those fuse doublers.

Cheers
Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Simon, so you’re in the lowest of those fuses on that side ? It’s a bit tricky to see which you’re plugged into from the angle of the photo ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you Simon, so you’re in the lowest of those fuses on that side ? It’s a bit tricky to see which you’re plugged into from the angle of the photo ?
Yes, it was the only one with a fuse in that area on my car. The 20A fuse is the original and the 5A is for the dashcam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts