Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion this is the best looking of all the electric SUVs out there. The new 2021 Audi e tron sportback with style trims. Anyone got one?

:cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
809 Posts
I rather like it, but I prefer the E-Tron GT. MY A7 was a great car, so an electric version of that would be perfect for me.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Personally I think it's fugly. The original was better looking.

But I find that with most updates. The designers spend several years perfecting a car and getting it into production. Then marketing say "We need something different for next year" so the intern is tasked with changing things enough that they can say it's a new thing. The result is almost invariably worse than the original, carefully coordinated design.

I'm also against sportback variants on principle. If you want to build a sports car, build a sports car. Don't take a truck, completely bollox it's carrying capacity, and then say it's 'sporty'. That's just silly.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
It's all about having a car that you can look down on the proles from whilst stating that I have this because I don't give a fig for you and the environment and don't need an SUV for any practical reasons.

Reactions: TomH

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think it looks ok, there's a plan for 5? Different body styles on essentially the same car, this is I think the second so I expect VAG can get these out over the next year and a half. This one looks more aero than the 1st one, but I do think they need to take the difficult decision and do something with that grill to improve airflow, maybe that's small beer compared to the overall teardrop shape?

·
Registered
370 Posts
My opinion, for the 0.01% it's worth:

1. I-Pace
2. EQC
3. Model X
4. Rivian R1S
5. Faraday Past FF91
6. Kona
7. Model Y
8. E-tron Sportback
9. Niro
10. E-tron

Nio and BYD's SUVs probably being somewhere near the bottom, but haven't really seen enough of them.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
809 Posts
It's all about having a car that you can look down on the proles from whilst stating that I have this because I don't give a fig for you and the environment and don't need an SUV for any practical reasons.
Wow, somebody's got a chip on their shoulder! The sportback is actually more aerodynamic and efficient than the SUV, and had 90% of the practicality. Subjectively, to my eye, it looks good. What's the problem?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,509 Posts
Philosophical question. Is good looking and SUV a contradiction in terms?
Quite.

Maybe we should be kind and not mock, some people like this sort of thing.

I'm just curious what makes it a coupe? I was expecting to see a truly hideous 2 door thing, instead it was just a slightly hideous 4 door thing.

Pear-shaped people driving pear-shaped cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts