Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to rent one for a week or a bit less. Enterprise do a Model S for £500.
Any other companies I should be looking at? This is for specific dates in Sep. U.K. only.
Reason for Tesla is the range and the access to super chargers. A 3 would do but I can't see there would be availability.
SWMBO has charger anxiety, if it was me I'd use the Soul, and I don't want to drive an ICE. Plus it might be fun to be in an S for a while.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Cheapest Tesla I can see after a quick search:

·
Premium Member
9,834 Posts
Cheapest Tesla I can see after a quick search:

£3,000 excess deposit - ouch, definitely need excess policy!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just hired a Model S from EVision. I would recommend them, it was £320 for 24 hours through Virgin Experience Days. I have a 20% off voucher for them too! £500 insurance excess.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys evision looks pricey think I'll head off to enterprise and see if the website tallies with what the office says. (There's one near me) yes I'll have to sign up with one of those companies that covers the excess.

·
Premium Member
9,834 Posts
Be a lot cheaper to rent an e-Niro. Longer range than a Model S 75D and some on here think it is better than a Tesla because it has switches, dials, Car Play, Android Auto, etc :censored:
Get your own excess policy ;)

There really isn't a big issue finding working CCS chargers. Just sign up to Polar Plus (if not member) as they have lots and we rarely get an issue. The money you would save buys a lot of food in a Holiday Inn (where we often stop). We have an i3 for long journeys at present.

PM me if you do want Polar Plus as I can refer you for a £10 charging credit. You can always cancel it later.

Incidentally, due to locations of Supercharging, I wouldn't have a Model S without a CHAdeMO adaptor. See my week with one - http://teslaweek.blogspot.com/ (read from bottom and hasn't really changed much since then)

·
Premium Member
9,834 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,834 Posts
Cheaper to get a Model 3 from Evezy for a full month at £599? If they can still deliver in time.
Except you have to pay £2,396 now and get a refund after first month!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just don't think evezy will have availability of 3 at this point.
Enterprise website quoted me exactly £500 on a different link.ill visit tomorrow and see.
I'll be m4 m5 in that week so pLenty of SC's
I'll check out the eNiro thanks . Tesla not a requirement but 200+ miles is.
Just looked up eNiro. No collection places near me unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered. £500 for 5 days.
No doubt they will try and stiff me on the extra ti reduce the excess but I can buy that elsewhere for £25.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I use Enterprise as my go-to for Model S rentals. Got a 100D with delivery and collection last time, can't fault it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts