Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
IONIQForum.com- The Largest Hyundai IONIQ Forum And Community!

Hi all :)

The 2 year PCP on my Nissan Leaf comes to an end in June and I would very much like to replace it with an Ioniq Electric Premium SE as I was blown away by this car during a recent test drive ...

However, despite the OTR price of these two vehicles being very similar, the Ioniq seems to have ridiculous lease prices at the moment in comparison to the Leaf.

Where is the best place to find the best offers on the Ioniq Electric? I've tried CarWow a few times but the best offer I've seen is £100 off the RRP ... and I don't count the £4500 grant as an 'offer', even though the dealers seem to!!

The current offers I've seen on the Ioniq (through sites like CarWow) say they are valid until 31st March 2017 ... do you think this means more generous offers will be available after this date?

Many thanks for your help!

David

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
No I think it's when the financial year ends.
There's a supply shortage of Ioniq, that's why the price is high.
I doubt that'll change by June tbh.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Best bet at the moment is a used demo, new vehicles are not being discounted much.

You can get a Premium SE for little over £20k with a few miles on it.

If you want new, would probably be best to wait for the summer as more supply should feed though by then as I think they will offer them in more dealerships.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I think it's when the financial year ends.
There's a supply shortage of Ioniq, that's why the price is high.
I doubt that'll change by June tbh.
Thanks for your reply Billy :)

Ah I had assumed the high prices were due to the fact that it's such a new vehicle. But I can understand that it's in short supply as it's such an amazing car packed with so much technology!

When I spoke to my nearest Hyundai dealer they said the lead time on new orders is around 3 months at the moment ... which means I need to make a decision in the next month really if the car were to be delivered in time for the expiry of my current lease ...

Decisions!

Thanks again for your reply :)

David

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best bet at the moment is a used demo, new vehicles are not being discounted much.

You can get a Premium SE for little over £20k with a few miles on it.

If you want new, would probably be best to wait for the summer as more supply should feed though by then as I think they will offer them in more dealerships.
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes I was considering the option of used demo models. It's interesting that Hyundai's UK website doesn't list ANY Ioniqs at the moment!

Approved Used Hyundai Model Search | Hyundai UK

... found that a bit strange ...

Otherwise there seem to be a few on Autotrader and Motors.co.uk. I guess the advantage of buying second hand is that they're available instantly. I'm not sure how lease prices compare for second hand cars vs. new though ...

Thanks for your help!

David :)

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Just be careful when looking at demos - a few of the ones on autotrader and parkers are hybrids but are listed as electric. Fairly obvious when you see the picture of the grille ...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
@David Hogg We recently supplied an IONIQ Electric on the following terms, so shout if you'd be interested in something similar:
  • Hyundai IONIQ 5 Door Hatch 28KwH Electric Premium SE 16 in Polar White
  • 12,000 miles per year on 4 year PCH (9 + 47 months)
  • Fuel Included support (6 months phone and email support)
  • Total £320.17 inc VAT per month
  • Delivery in March 2017
Metallic paint is actually available at a very similar price.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@David Hogg We recently supplied an IONIQ Electric on the following terms, so shout if you'd be interested in something similar:
  • Hyundai IONIQ 5 Door Hatch 28KwH Electric Premium SE 16 in Polar White
  • 12,000 miles per year on 4 year PCH (9 + 47 months)
  • Fuel Included support (6 months phone and email support)
  • Total £320.17 inc VAT per month
  • Delivery in March 2017
Metallic paint is actually available at a very similar price.
That's not too bad actually ... what would your rate be for a 2 year lease as I wouldn't want to be tied in for 4 years ... I would also like metallic paint too and I would need 15,000 miles.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. That's when the £ hits the dustbin following article 50. They go up to 40 grand then!:cry:
How do you mean? Do you mean the £ will lose it's value vs. the Korean currency after the end of March?

·
Registered
353 Posts
To be honest I'm not familiar with the Korean currency but once article 50 is posted the £ may take another dive. Most pundits of doom are predicting that everything will increase in price, it's just the Boris brigade that think our present financial fillip is sustainable in the longer term. So much depends on where the EU goes in the next year or two, as the BBC programme suggested the other day, there might not be an EU to leave.
Whether Hyundai would hold the price or be forced into exchange chalenges remains to be seen, it is something that has troubled me since I too am keen on the Ioniq.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The BoE is supposed to keep it down to 2%. That we can live with, a large % all in one day is not so easy, and you can bet your boots the speculators are betting against the £; how much did Soros make in six hours?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Really looking forward to a test drive of the ioniq but that prices quoted at present are not at all tempting when you can get a 30kwh leaf tekna for £500 deposit and pay around £200 mnth. Maybe that's why Nissan are offering some great deals currently with the competition increasing.

I am put of a little by the CCS

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in the same boat currently have a superb estate great car but I'm starting to think an ev would cost me the same as the fuel I put in. Really like the look of the ioniq but the pch deals are ludicrously expensive you could probably lease a f pace jag for similar money. I was tempted by a leaf as the deals seem very cheap but I'm concerned about the range.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just had the following quote:

Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE with Metallic
Profile:
Business Contract Hire
3+35
15K mpa
£482.67 + VAT non-maintained
£501.12 + VAT with full maintenance

Is this typical of what others have been paying to get their Ioniq? It seems bonkers to me! :eek:

Many thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Best deal I can find for that profile is £405 Inc VAT. As others have said, you aren't going to get Leaf type deals.

Hyundai Ioniq Hatchback

·
Registered
523 Posts
Pretty shocking when you can get the hybrid for 124 pcm. It must be concern over the future predicted value because the difference in ticket price can't really account for the disparity.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm in the same boat currently have a superb estate great car but I'm starting to think an ev would cost me the same as the fuel I put in. Really like the look of the ioniq but the pch deals are ludicrously expensive you could probably lease a f pace jag for similar money. I was tempted by a leaf as the deals seem very cheap but I'm concerned about the range.
Yes, but even though it is a Jag, you are comparing old ICE technology (probably diesel kicking out NoX and Particulates) with the latest electric technology. When you think of it this way, you are paying a heavy price for the badge on a F Pace, where as the ioniq is using technology that Jaguar is probably over a year away from launching.

For Hyundai there is no motivation to discount whilst they have supply issues, I think that we would all do the same if we were in their shoes. I am sure price will become more competitive later in the year.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've just had a much more enticing quote from FuelIncluded:
  • Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium
  • Metallic Paint
  • Non-maintained
  • Initial payment of 3 months rental: £995.19
  • Monthly Cost: £331.73 x 35
  • Term: 3 Year BCH
  • Delivery Included
  • 15,000 miles p/a
Interestingly this is exactly the same overall cost as a BMW i3 quote which I received from a BMW dealership ... but this is for a car with many more features than the BMW!

Cheers!

David

1 - 20 of 61 Posts