Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be 3 - blue tartan, Art Velours (grey cloth) and Vienna Leather. The leather is the most expensive but what are the merits of the others if any?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've never liked leather seats in any car. The basic tartan cloth seats are very comfortable even on long drives, and the manual adjustments are good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Blue tartan - easy choice. Leather is old fashioned, hot in summer, cold in winter. Tartan is traditional for the GTI / GTE theme in VW.

·
Registered
Golf 1.4 TSI GTE
4 Posts
The Golf 7 leather isn't as it used to be. gets wrinkled very easily. apparently the filling is not enough

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting replies - I've always had a preference for full leather mainly as its easy to keep clean and is hard-wearing. We are both relative lightweights so seats don't usually wrinkle in our keep. I've been restricting my shortlist for Golf GTE's to be leather interior but it sure limits the choice. I'd also want sunroof, keyless, reverse camera, dynamic lights and Pro Sat Nav. I might be a long time looking! There is one at the moment but it has the Art Velours interior - no one has spoken up for that yet. Might be an issue to keep clean?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cloth is harder wearing than leather now I find. Leather isn't real leather any more. It tends to wear, split, crack, wrinkle, fade. Cloth looks as good today as when brand new 3 years ago in mine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I spec’d my 2015 GTE with the Vienna leather plus winter pack and I have no issues with it. In fact given that my kids were 6 & 8 when it first arrived it’s been a blessing and easy to clean. The car now has 70k miles on it and the interior doesn’t let it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts