Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
I run solely in regen 3, default, but flick between models depending on my mood. Mostly I flick into eco as I like the nice light lazy steering. But on occasion I'll flick it up to Sport just for a bit of fun. I don't use Normal mode at all really, perhaps for first mile to get the heater really kicking out roasting heat then into eco when I notice.

Reactions: rogerdee

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
I have been running mainly in eco as I’m only really driving round town so thought that would be best.
If your gentle with your right foot you'll see no gain in running eco over normal or sport to be fair. For me its all about steering feel in town.

Reactions: aldon and Petriix

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
Just be aware that your air con doesn't operate efficiently on eco,the car restricts it and you end up with steamed up windows.
Just drive it on the normal mode and enjoy it.
I used eco 95% of the time, using the AC keeps my windows perfectly clear. The key is 1. clean windows. 2. actually use the AC, a lot of folk turn it off, then on, then off, then on, better to just set a desired temp and leave the AC going, it doesn't save any range toggling on and off. 3. keep your interior dry, and open a window when it is steamy to let moisture out. I even find Eco pretty hot too, through the coldest winter has had I've stayed in eco, the full bars of heat in eco is way hotter than my zoe got in normal mode.

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
I've also noticed that it randomly (seemly) switches in to recirculate and steams up the windows.
Nowt randomer than folk! Recirc turns on when you turn the heater off, it doesn't turn itself on any other time. ;) So turn the heating on and leave it on unless its a warm day and you've got the roof open, then remember to press the recirc button to turn it off.

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
It happened quite recently. It was after the service. The technician must have turned it off.
Oh god, could it be a new "bug" introduced with a fix. :ROFLMAO: It worries me that in 12months of ZS ownership my car has been perfect (bongs aside) and its going in for a service soon and it might be less than perfect after.

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
No bongs worth killing the range for 3 months - I even use MG pilot occasionally on the motorway, safe in the knowledge it won't go BONG BONG when I change lane manually to overtake.

And no BEEP BEEP BEEP when the wife gets out the car while I am still sitting in it.
I've booked in merely for a service, and all I asked for was the comfort update (at cost). But it seems some think I'll get BMS updated regardless. Which makes me wonder should I ask for timed charging update (which I've never used in all the time I've owned an EV) just so I can get the charges when unlocked update too, which I might benefit from.

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
Latest BMS software seems to be working as intended so far.

Timed charging update will already be on your car - it was fixed by Jan 20 I think (assuming you mean the one that allows the car to wake up for a timed charge when the home charger asks it to)
Wasn't that the first update that didn't work? I don't have a smart charger so can't test. Guess I could stick the granny charger on a timer to test.

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
p.s. Irrelevant to me too: use a dumb 7kW charger and standard leccy tariff
Snap. Glad I didn't jump on the cheap night time tarrifs or I'd be broke seeing as I now work from home (like the majority of folk I guess).

p.p.s. And I still do the vast majority of my charging away from home
I used to be the same, then Council introduced fees, which might not have been an issue if they were fair and sensible but they're not so I charge at home. Not seen a rapid charger in 5 months, but I guess that'll be good for my battery.

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
I had been a big user of CPS chargers (still pretty much free in central Scotland and Borders) but mostly use the Podpoints in Tescos - free city parking for a 3 hours and 20kWh of juice means Tesco get my business (still not getting a fkn Clubcard tho!)
I'm in Fife, we're like the poor cousins to the rest of Scotland when it comes to charging. We've got CPS (now with fees) and not much else. No chargers at Asda, Aldi, LIDL, Tesco, Morrisons nothing. There are a few instavolts dotted about, a couple of BP Polar ones at Stephens bakeries and 1 Osprey charger in Kirkcaldy. Its a bit shit..... Fortunately I don't generally need to charge in Fife. Oh and there is 1 free to use 7kW post that keeps getting vandalised in a car park that's currently shut (Covid?). That would probably have been my go to if I was still working in an office.

· Zoe Devotee
10,273 Posts
Tesco at S.Queensferry has 4 Podpoint posts but it's only an ok Tesco, and likely too far to be worth your hassle.
Still outside of Fife though. ;) We've got a good number of Tescos but none with charging. Its a barren wasteland. But hey at least our NHS region is doing ok with the jag so I'll hopefully be allowed out soon to play again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.