Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I’m looking to buy a model s for my chauffeur company but I want to make sure ride is as comfortable as it can be. What spec should I go for? Eg 20” rims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven’t heard of Raven models. Will have a look. I found a 2017 reg that I thought I might ‘test the market’ with but I think it may be a firm ride. Has 21” wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I buy new it would be a long range rather than performance model. Much as I’d like ludicrous mode, the higher price would have to be passed on to the customer. And as you say they all come with adaptive suspension now

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hi there,
I’m looking to buy a model s for my chauffeur company but I want to make sure ride is as comfortable as it can be. What spec should I go for? Eg 20” rims?

If you have fussy passengers then have a sit in the back of an S before you buy. The rear bench seat is very low to the floor, there are no grab handles nor a middle armrest.

Whilst I wouldn't swap my S for anything (except another one!) it is not as comfortable in the back as an equivalent sized Merc or BMW. It's not an EV friendly answer I know..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Appreciate the info. Will definitely do a test drive and sit in the back.
Just tried an ipace which felt much like an exec level car with centre arm rest etc.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Just tried an ipace which felt much like an exec level car with centre arm rest etc.
My daughter and her partner were in the back of my S on our way to an I Pace test drive. When I was test driving the I Pace they both commented on how much more comfortable it was compared to mine. When we swapped around I agreed.

I wouldn’t swap my S for an I Pace under any circumstances, but it depends on how important comfort in the back is to you. If you are ferrying different people around for relatively short journeys then the S is fine. If you’re driving the same person long distances day in day out I think they’d tire of being in the S quite quickly.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
What is your target market? Executive? Are the reason you are going for a Tesla environmental / running costs etc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Target market is execs. Looking to replace our Mercedes Eclass with an electric car. Will keep the sclass for the time being for luxury rides. I think there’s a market for carbon free corporate travel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most journeys will be two hours max for the passenger.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Definitely sit in the back for a while - I'd go for IPace with the adaptive suspension or eTron (air suspension standard) if cost is manageable - much quieter and more comfortable in the rear seats.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Definitely sit in the back for a while - I'd go for IPace with the adaptive suspension or eTron (air suspension standard) if cost is manageable - much quieter and more comfortable in the rear seats.
I’d worry about the need to charge either of those options. No surer way of losing a customer if the need to charge arises, at least with Tesla you’ve a hugely reliable network. Can’t say the same for the public network.

The X could be an option and certainly more comfortable but an SUV, and not a saloon/exec looking vehicle.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Friends of ours used a company like yours to go to the Rugby in Scotland from the Midlands - they went in an MS and their main complaint was the need to stop 3 times on the way there and twice on the way back to charge. 2 Hours you might just about get away with but anything over 150 miles is going to get you thinking in winter as you need to add on the miles to pick them up, and the miles to get to a reliable charger after you drop them off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the comments guys. The free charging with a Tesla s seems to be a big benefit but maybe I should forget about that. I had high hopes for the EQC but seems pretty standard Merc except for the electric motor. Like the ipace after a test drive but it doesn’t look much like a chauffeur car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts