Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently booked a room with the above hotel as I'm going on holidays as its a 7.00am flight. It comes with EV charging so will also be taking the LEAF for the 400+ mile round trip (why not, it's free :))

Has anyone had any experience charging here? Is there only one Type 2 charger there? I really don't fancy being Musked!

I will be arriving at the hotel with very little range due to very little rapid charging opportunities along the route that i'm taking and I would rather leave for my holiday safe in the knowledge there is a 100% charge on the car.

Thanks

Dean

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have, we stayed there for two nights at the beginning of August, it was fine.

The chargers are right by the main entrance. There's the usual ZeroCarbonWorld arrangement of one type 2 Rolec and one 3-pin plug. There are three parking spaces so although one of them was sometimes ICED we could always park close enough to the type 2 charger to use it.

We had a bit of messing around at first as the charger wasn't on when we arrived, because the circuit breaker was tripped. I flipped the circuit breaker switch to turn it back on. Then a staff member came with a key and turned the power switch, thinking they were turning it on, and turned it off again. Once that was sorted out it was fine.

By the way, be very careful bathing if you end up in the new extension. There were no bath mats, just a roughened area at the shower end of the bath, which isn't big enough. I slipped getting out of the shower and gave myself a really nasty bruise.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have, we stayed there for two nights at the beginning of August, it was fine.

The chargers are right by the main entrance. There's the usual ZeroCarbonWorld arrangement of one type 2 Rolec and one 3-pin plug. There are three parking spaces so although one of them was sometimes ICED we could always park close enough to the type 2 charger to use it.

We had a bit of messing around at first as the charger wasn't on when we arrived, because the circuit breaker was tripped. I flipped the circuit breaker switch to turn it back on. Then a staff member came with a key and turned the power switch, thinking they were turning it on, and turned it off again. Once that was sorted out it was fine.

By the way, be very careful bathing if you end up in the new extension. There were no bath mats, just a roughened area at the shower end of the bath, which isn't big enough. I slipped getting out of the shower and gave myself a really nasty bruise.
Thanks Roger for that info. Worse comes to worse I'll plug in my EVSE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts