Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why, in this new world where AI can have conversations with hairdressers, is the cruise control in my Nissan leaf less efficient than my right foot?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Why, in this new world where AI can have conversations with hairdressers, is the cruise control in my Nissan leaf less efficient than my right foot?
It isn't really, not massively, just the GOM adjusts when you engage it. If you barrel along at the same speed uphill and down, you'll use the same power.

Also, the AI conversation with hairdressers was faked.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,603 Posts
I found it inefficient in the Fluence (assume similar algorithms embedded in to that technology).

It is too aggressive at the point where gradients change using momentarily excess power to accelerate an extra mph. The more efficient cruise controls allow the speed to vary a little, within a margin, this means it can roll the power on and off gradually.

There is no doubt in my mind. This is not a fantasy or numerical concoction of the GOM.

Use it on the flat, but disengage on hilly bits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hardly rocket science to allow a small speed deviation for efficiency. Just surprised it's so poor when efficiency is so critical. Software is relatively cheap after all.

A

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hardly rocket science to allow a small speed deviation for efficiency. Just surprised it's so poor when efficiency is so critical. Software is relatively cheap after all.

A
But then you'd have multiple settings for adaptive cruise control - Sport/Comfort/Eco/EcoPro - @donald probably has the wherewithal to adapt this to your thought process and include the equivalent of Tesla ludicrous mode for when yopur brain is completely fried...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts