Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

What pricing model would you like to see in MK?

• £10/month, 60 kWh included, additional usage charged @ 20p/kWh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £15/month, 120 kWh included, additional usage charged @ 20p/kWh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, having digested all of the posts today, I'm convinced that Chargemaster are making a massive mistake with the new pricing plans. So, rather than focus on the complaining, I thought we should focus on solutions! Can I ask you to select your preference from the below? Or message me if you have another idea and I'll add it!

We all knew that the charging wasn't going to be free forever, but let's come up with something more sustainable and realistic than the pricing announced today!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A very fair comment Paul - sorry!

Do you not have an opinion on how you'd like to see Chargemaster charge for usage, even outside of MK?

I know we're lucky here that we are used to free, or 30p/hour parking charges in the city centre. I think it's a little disingenuous of Chargemaster to suggest we should be grateful for the "free" parking whilst we charge - but I know that in other cities parking costs more than this.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
How about another option………

Move the charging points to the non premium parking locations, police the spaces so that they are never ICE'd and charge the 40p per hour parking charge.

If we all just park on the spaces and not charge our cars how long will it be before Chargemaster change the rules about not being plugged in and charging.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's actually a pretty good shout Andy... Though it's negated a little bit by a small detail: I pay £70/year for a Green permit, allowing me to park in purple for 29p/day...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Left hand/right hand again Paul!

Does anyone else feel like nobody's actually planned this pricing, and it's all a bit cobbled together after the event?

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
The only outcome I can see from this is Chargemaster going bankrupt, no one is going to park on a slow or fast charger even in an emergency, why do that when there are free Ecotricity rapid at the service on the M1 and Ikea

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Does anyone else feel like nobody's actually planned this pricing, and it's all a bit cobbled together after the event?
YES!!!

The real issue IMO is that the people that are running CM and deciding on the charging rates and parking rules obviously don't drive EVs themselves and aren't interested in talking to and listening to experienced EV drivers. They do what suits the council and what OLEV suggest they do and we all know OLEV are the worst at listening... they ask but never hear.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've felt that Chargemaster are only interested in the grant funding for new installs - the length of time that posts have remained broken, and the vast number still not commissioned for months hasn't given the impression of a company interested in customers - just grant funding.

Or is that too cynical?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts