Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wasn’t aware the MG section was private. That’s the Chinese for you I guess!
Of course the MG section is not private so thank you for your contributions which will help all of us to decide 'yes' or 'no' to this excellent value EV.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hopefully people can post honest assessments, insights about EVs to help inform others.
I get my test drive tomorrow of the MG ZS EV and this forum has helped me think about the questions / issues I want to raise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Literally no idea what you’re talking about.

1. Never owned a Leaf. Never would.
2. We’re talking about current crash test standards not future or past - There are very few cars launched recently that score as poorly as the ZS for rear seat passenger safety.

There’s quite a lot of opinion being thrown around by some here as if it’s actual fact.
My posting the EuroNCAP test should serve to help those interested in its results make an informed decision.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Literally no idea what you’re talking about.

1. Never owned a Leaf. Never would.
2. We’re talking about current crash test standards not future or past - There are very few cars launched recently that score as poorly as the ZS for rear seat passenger safety.

There’s quite a lot of opinion being thrown around by some here as if it’s actual fact.
My posting the EuroNCAP test should serve to help those interested in its results make an informed decision.
I certainly appreciate the fact that you have posted safety information. It is not something that I have considered much but it is an important factor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Problem with MG safety is that yes, they've added some crash prevention electronic features and will probably get 4 stars, however, the impact for passengers will remain the same.
Considering all those delays with ZS deliveries, I've started to look at similar SUV - https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/DS/3-Crossback/37575 EV
It has very good base safety and the price is just over 30k. Not to mention it has a better range, heat pump, and APP.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Problem with MG safety is that yes, they've added some crash prevention electronic features and will probably get 4 stars, however, the impact for passengers will remain the same.
Considering all those delays with ZS deliveries, I've started to look at similar SUV - https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/DS/3-Crossback/37575 EV
It has very good base safety and the price is just over 30k. Not to mention it has a better range, heat pump, and APP.
It has the items that the MG should have, I agree !.
A nice spec model is around £32,000 mark.
If MG remove’s their £3500 contribution, then the CS 3 - SUV looks like a better bet !.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The DS has the exact same drivetrain as the Peugeot e208, e2008 & Vauxhall/Opel Corsa-e. All of which are slightly cheaper than the DS (No pricing on e2008 yet though)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow thank you for posting the safety data. I often take it for granted that it will be a safe car... But the data suggests there is a high probability one of my 2 children would die in one of those accidents in this MG. I think I shall wait for a newer MG EV before I consider them again.

I don't buy my cars based on safety, but once I've decided on a car I also make sure it is safe enough for my liking, even with 2nd hand cars. My parents always bought cars for safety. We had Volvos lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The DS has the exact same drivetrain as the Peugeot e208, e2008 & Vauxhall/Opel Corsa-e. All of which are slightly cheaper than the DS (No pricing on e2008 yet though)
Yes, the powertrain is the same, but check out what is included in the base DS model. By the time you add similar safety features etc it will not be far off. Also, none of those cars are SUVs except 2008 which we don't have a price for yet.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts