Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that was fun. We went to Bicester Village this afternoon which is just too far away to get there and back on a single charge (at least if I go 70mph up the A34 it is). There are 4 polar charge points (i.e. 2 posts), but the problem with the polar network is that they don't give much detail about the exact location of the posts and the parking at Bicester Village is busy.

Ignoring the 'car park full' signs, I first tried the outside car park right next to the shops: nothing visible so I asked one of the parking attendants where the electric car charging points where. Blank look. Polar charge points? "No idea, but hang on a minute", he wandered off a few yards and checked on his walkie talkie then came back and told me they're on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park, so I have to drive round to the exit and come back round again. What he didn't mention was that he'd set up a row of attendants to direct me at each turning including one to move the cones at the otherwise full multi-storey entrance, and one waiting by the roped off charging spaces. Now there's service.

One of the two polar posts was lit up red (and ICEd, but if the post isn't working why shouldn't they use the scarce parking spaces). The other post did just fine and gave us enough charge to get home with 3 miles of charge remaining.

When we returned to the car we wondered whether we should put the rope back, especially as they were letting other cars back in again so as soon as we got to the car someone stopped to wait for us to move, but the attendant also promptly reappeared to redirect the waiting car to another space and put the rope back.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Great to hear they are now up and running. I was there a few months ago and they were waiting to be installed so attendant recommended nearby Little Chef.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Leighton Buzzard cones off the the two charging bays in the multi-storey town centre car park similar to Bicester.
Ask at the nearby kiosk for access and pay the normal parking fee.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
They cone off the two bays in the Kings Mall car park in Hammersmith too. I've parked there a few times when visiting a customer in the area - not too expensive for London parking either.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,681 Posts
Good news and bad news

The bad news

The two Charge Master posts have been removed :(

The good news

They have been replaced with enel X posts. 👍 No I've never heard of them either but they appear to be workplace chargers.

The even better news

They have installed an additional four posts 👍👍👍👍

I beleive they are free to use and I'm not sure if they are 3/7 or 22 kW enabled.

Two are located inside the multi story car park, the four new ones are located on the ramp to the top level.

So there you go, not sure why anyone would shop there but I know some are desperate to buy cheap designer gear.

PS The place is rammed at the moment and the 2 mtr rule doesnt seem to apply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts