Nissan LEAF30
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read the article - this is not geofencing controlled by the operator around mixed use areas to preserve the reputation of their business, but instead the Government applying dynamic control based upon an indeterminate number of factors on dedicated cycle lanes. Altogether different.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The one time my girlfriend tried a scooter she almost crashed after the power settings suddenly increased after leaving a geofenced area...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I often wondered why cars with built-in sat navs and cruise control didn't have something similar, so when for example you enter a 30 mph zone, the speed is automatically limited. Maybe it'd be too unpopular. I personally wouldn't mind it, providing it could be switched off.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Have you never driven down an urban dual carriageway at legal 50, only to have the satnav suddenly flash up a 30 alert as it picks up on the service road running parallel only a few feet away behind a mesh fence? I have! Old Fosse Way from Narborough end going north towards Leicester city centre is a classic for this... last thing you want is some ignorant server making this mistake & slamming on your brakes when there's an HGV close behind ...

Reactions: Neilew and dk6780

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 64kWh Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
51 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that automatic speed limiters based on geofencing were already going to be mandatory on cars produced from 2022 onwards.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I personally wouldn't mind it, providing it could be switched off.
Why would they allow you to switch it off? And presumably this wouldn't be a nag message at the start of each journey but each time you sought to go above an individual limit.

Reactions: EdH

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
785 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that automatic speed limiters based on geofencing were already going to be mandatory on cars produced from 2022 onwards.
You did, and there's a thread on here somewhere discussing it.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,360 Posts
I often wondered why cars with built-in sat navs and cruise control didn't have something similar, so when for example you enter a 30 mph zone, the speed is automatically limited. Maybe it'd be too unpopular. I personally wouldn't mind it, providing it could be switched off.
The Zoe now has that (ish). You can link the speed limit reading camera to the cruise control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts