Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charge points aren't open there yet, but had to go today so popped in and parked the Leaf in the green EV spots.

Biggest commotion I've caused yet with the car, LOADS of people checking it out and you could tell visibly disappointed when I didn't and couldn't charge up.

One piece of feedback though, there's bars to protect the charge point (bollards) and they've positioned them EXACTLY where your door opens, makes access tricker than it needs to be!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great, I look forward to making a spectacle of myself. If you stay in the car, I guess you'll have some idea of how a goldfish feels!

Don't forget to sign up for a IKEA family card if you haven't already, as this provides you with free tea & coffee in the restaurant. Quite handy while you're waiting to charge.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's correct, it also says a couple of the "source ..." cards, can't recall for sure, think it was "Source South East" and "Source London", but cannot say for certain.

For Milton Keynes (and beyond) I currently have Polar / Chargemaster and Ecotricity card and have yet to find a charge point I couldn't use on my travels.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Excellent, I have both of those already - arrived last week. I was pondering over the Pod-Point card too, but I think I'll hold off for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pod-Point as far as I know are PAYG now and dont do cards, I could be wrong but I think I read that lately..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts