Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived at Milton Keynes IKEA in the Nissan LEAF ready to do a big shop. Fairly confident all the items for my new home entertainment setup would fit, aside from the glass top at 180 cm long which was worrying. And glass.

Arrive to find not one, but two EVs parked up. No owners in site, so checked how charged they were. The ZOE was in the DC side, Nissan AC, but the Nissan was plugged in.

But not charging!

2014-07-31 14.47.34.jpg 2014-07-31 14.49.15.jpg

Anyway, pulled up a couple of spaces along mumbling something about ChargeBump and time and whatever...

Then, about three weeks of IKEA time later I return with this bundle of upcoming pain and suffering:

2014-07-31 15.42.40.jpg

You may notice the other EVs had vacated, so I figured I'd charge while I packed.

Did it fit in the LEAF?

Oh yes, anything's possible my electrohead friends... :)

2014-07-31 15.48.32.jpg

So that's many IKEA boxes and a glass top all safe and sound in the LEAF.

I think the years of owning MINIs and Minis really pays off sometimes.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
So had they used the spot just for parking, without charging at all ie no cable connected?

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Yeah I'm impressed with the boot! 400 litres of bark in there at the weekend, without putting the back seats down.

Leaf Bark.jpg

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So had they used the spot just for parking, without charging at all ie no cable connected?
The LEAF had the cable connected, but not charging.

My guess is either the ZOE didn't charge while the LEAF did. Or the ZOE plugged in, fully charged, LEAF arrived and unplugged the ZOE and plugged in to charge and then left the car while IT fully charged.

Either way the charger was blocked by EVs while technically available.

Fan did't seem to be going either, so not particularly recently completed a charge by that indication.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
What did you get? I'm after a new entertainment unit and wasn't sure if the Ikea stuff would be suitable (i've got lots of equipment)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did you get? I'm after a new entertainment unit and wasn't sure if the Ikea stuff would be suitable (i've got lots of equipment)
Hours of pain?

Gone for a Besta combination, will update things when it's all done. Big domestic changes going on ATM, bit of an experiment.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The LEAF had the cable connected, but not charging.

My guess is either the ZOE didn't charge while the LEAF did. Or the ZOE plugged in, fully charged, LEAF arrived and unplugged the ZOE and plugged in to charge and then left the car while IT fully charged.

Either way the charger was blocked by EVs while technically available.

Fan did't seem to be going either, so not particularly recently completed a charge by that indication.
You can't unplug the zoe the car locks it in place

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,510 Posts
Arrived at Milton Keynes IKEA in the Nissan LEAF ready to do a big shop. Fairly confident all the items for my new home entertainment setup would fit, aside from the glass top at 180 cm long which was worrying. And glass.

Arrive to find not one, but two EVs parked up. No owners in site, so checked how charged they were. The ZOE was in the DC side, Nissan AC, but the Nissan was plugged in.

But not charging!

View attachment 1555 View attachment 1558

Anyway, pulled up a couple of spaces along mumbling something about ChargeBump and time and whatever...

Then, about three weeks of IKEA time later I return with this bundle of upcoming pain and suffering:

View attachment 1554

You may notice the other EVs had vacated, so I figured I'd charge while I packed.

Did it fit in the LEAF?

Oh yes, anything's possible my electrohead friends... :)

View attachment 1556

So that's many IKEA boxes and a glass top all safe and sound in the LEAF.

I think the years of owning MINIs and Minis really pays off sometimes.
Someone's showing off their Tetris skills!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts