Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a new MG ZS EV and newly installed Ohme charger. There are well-known issues with the MG and scheduled charging, apparently affecting all current cars and chargers. Ohme have been extremely responsive and positive in their approach to this problem, even having their CTO contact me to work out the issue and possible work-arounds using their software in the charger. Over-the-air software updates for the charger, coupled with a server ecosystem in the cloud means they can be very responsive and powerful in testing work-arounds to this issue. Given their support for Agile Octopus as well (the holy grail of EV owner energy tariffs) they seem to personify all that a modern 21st century tech firm should be.
When I bought my MG, the dealer recommended another make of charger - I'm so glad I did my internet (youtube :)) research and declined the dealer recommendation in favour of Ohme - the "Tesla" of chargers and the one that others are learning from :)

btw, I am in no way connected with Ohme as a company, I'm simply a user with a technical background who appreciates the way things shoud be done. I'm sure there are other charger companies with similar intellegence and could well be equally responsive; I'm just sharing my own experience with the equipment I have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
But the question is - have they fixed it? Can their software update drop the CP pin to 0V before starting the timed charge? I will order one tomorrow if they have!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've fed back yours and others' info regarding the need to turn off the signal line - let's see if they are able to produce a firmware version which does this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts