Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I would still prefer contactless only. I want something I buy it like everything else. Setting up an account for the car and then cancelling it when I sell it is just unnessacary.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How would you feel about payment automation? For example if you had associated your payment details with the vehicle you're driving. This would enable the following use case, just drive up to a recharge station, plug in/out and drive away. Or would you still prefer explicitly to tap to pay ?
I would sign up to one system for automated payment provided it covered all of the available chargepoint operators and sent me an email receipt. I did think an app could be developed so the end user didn’t have all of the faff and the app sent payment to the appropriate providers. Sort of ‘one app to rule them all’

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,367 Posts
How would you feel about payment automation? For example if you had associated your payment details with the vehicle you're driving. This would enable the following use case, just drive up to a recharge station, plug in/out and drive away. Or would you still prefer explicitly to tap to pay ?
It's all very sophisticated and futuristic and looks like progress. But it's also complex and fallible in multiple ways. What does it actually do? Saves me taking my contactless card out. What a first world problem that is!

I would prefer to tap and pay.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Tesla's method been in use since they set up the supercharger network. About time the rest of the world caught up.
However Tesla relies on communication with the car and I believe uses the VIN number.
Currently the CCS cars and type 1,type2 (and chademo I think) do not communicate so would need serious retrofit unless you are thinking of ANPR or a rf tag system like some toll roads use. That might just work.:unsure:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Payment automation would be best, but probably to technicaly difficult and costly to implement.
Contactless is the next best thing in terms of ease of use and implementation.
I don't mind app bassed payment if it gives a little discount, IF contactless is available too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can you do anything about charging stations ICE'd up!!?? Also, discovery apps (Zap-map, abrp, etc) need to display the per-kwh cost of the chargers in the app - this is important information for the user as well as an incentive for the provider to keep costs realistic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Contactless, appless, multiple chargers at each location (especially in the case of rapid chargers for long haul use) weather protection and good lighting, clear signposting over the last ?250? metres to the chargers

21 - 30 of 30 Posts