Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,546 Posts
Well, I run a hybrid garage (2 Teslas and a BMW X5).

I've found that my biggest pain is battery replacement... on my BMW X5.

It's way too fun to drive EV and I end up killing the battery on my remaining ICE vehicle.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,442 Posts
Well, I run a hybrid garage (2 Teslas and a BMW X5).

I've found that my biggest pain is battery replacement... on my BMW X5.

It's way too fun to drive EV and I end up killing the battery on my remaining ICE vehicle.
Ditto just had to put a new battery on the VX220 to get it to it's MOT test and that is trying to remember to use a trickle charger between it and the bike.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Not enough money, 'cos now I'm hooked in NEED an e-nv200 combi to replace my ice estate car.
Even the other half is in agreement now that she's experienced life with a ZOE.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
It isn't really a pain point... more an annoyance but I hate pedestrian warning sounds! IMO we don't need pedestrian warning sounds at all. I was in a car park last week and a new Mini rolled by. It was every bit as quiet as an EV. That doesn't need a warning sound and nor should EVs IMO :)

·
1,546 Posts
It isn't really a pain point... more an annoyance but I hate pedestrian warning sounds! IMO we don't need pedestrian warning sounds at all. I was in a car park last week and a new Mini rolled by. It was every bit as quiet as an EV. That doesn't need a warning sound and nor should EVs IMO :)
I'm glad that none of my EVs have such devices... It makes it easier to earn "points" on Deathrace 2000...

Seriously though, the cars make enough noise when they roll. The tires still have to make contact with the ground. And until we have land speeders, a la Star Wars, these cars wheels and other such items make enough noise.

I remember when I was test driving the Fisker Karma, the salesman pointed out the "noise" generator as a good thing. And I snickered. (And no, it was not the engine he was pointing out as the "noise" generator.). The noise, though a pleasant whine, is still unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
New Car,new "Updated" tomtom maps,Map data still a couple of years out of date..
You should not need to, but buying a sub £100 TomTom with Lifetime Maps and stuck to your screen is really all that is needed.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You should not need to, but buying a sub £100 TomTom with Lifetime Maps and stuck to your screen is really all that is needed.
I'd rather be happy with the already installed one being fully functional...

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I agree. I am 'blessed' with a choice of 3 on my Zoe. And the first thing I do each time I get in the car is to deactivate it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts