Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a new Kona Premium SE but need the ability to carry three mountain bikes.

I have a Altera Strada DL but this needs a tow bar mount, which rules it out for the Kona.

What do i need to mount them on the roof? Is it 2x roof bars to go across the roof and then 3x bike carriers, if indeed i can fit three to the bars (which i doubt).

Anybody care to recommend equipment to consider?

·
Registered
Kona 64
603 Posts
The Kona in the UK is not certified to tow but you can fit a towbar to use for a bike rack. In Germany the Kona has a towbar listed as an approved accessory.
I know nothing about roof racks.

There is another Kona thread on here about the towbar with recent posts, Worth a search.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Is it 2x roof bars to go across the roof and then 3x bike carriers, if indeed i can fit three to the bars (which i doubt).
Yes.
Why do you doubt three bike carriers? Aside from the actual getting the middle bike up there :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.
Why do you doubt three bike carriers? Aside from the actual getting the middle bike up there :)
Only as i have no experience of roof mounts and as you say the middle one might be interesting to install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts