Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now in the last three days I've been driving around and heard a 'bing bong' coming from the car.
It's not the door open or start up sound, it's while I'm moving. There's nothing on the screen or the dashboard, it doesn't sound 'dangerous', but I can't find a reference to it online. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Is there something (laptop etc.) on the passenger seat? Sounds like the seatbelt warning - the seat sensor is quite sensitive.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I know you said it's not a door open but with the LEAF sometimes the boot door does not close properly unless 'slammed'. This has happened to me a couple of times.

·
Super Moderator
7,950 Posts
Is there something (laptop etc.) on the passenger seat? Sounds like the seatbelt warning - the seat sensor is quite sensitive.
Yes that happened to me with a bottle of wine, would just bong once every time I went over a speed bump!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If the Bing Bong is two sounds back to back one high and then lower frequency we had that exactly.
It did it whenever the car was in drive mode whether stopped or driving roughly 30 seconds to a minute apart.
Nissan Sunderland top Leaf engineers were on a field visit whilst our Gen 1 was having a charger replaced under warranty.
I had already queried this noise with repairing dealer who videoed it and sent it to Nissan. Nobody knew was causing it initially until whilst working on it the dealer showed the head Sunderland engineer it out of curiosity.
They traced it to the brake self test mechanism and decided to replace the unit whilst it was in just in case.
It had done it for the 4 months we had had the car with no ill effects to our knowledge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts