Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone any news about the Birmingham (uk) service centre/store. Tesla reps I met at test drive early sep reckoned 3 weeks away but still showing as 'coming soon'. Also, at time they said it would be in digbeth, but looking at tesla store locator map it shows location as adj to Aston university. I live 20 miles away in coventry so bit obsessive just to do a drive by to check on progress! (?) Its just that I'm in my 2 week finalising design period and just can't decide between silver or grey 21 rims so thinking would be great to see a few up close in comfort of a tesla store:)... Silver grey grey silver silver grey .. doh.

·
Registered
571 Posts
No idea on where the service centre is...
What body colour are you going for? I think the darker colours look good with silver rims, the whites and red look awesome with grey rims :)
To be honest though, whatever you go for, its a stunning car and I don't think that either will be a 'wrong' choice!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a vacant 'service centre sized' 70s style building on streetview directly opposite Nissan, next to a motorbike showroom, so this looks a good bet for it - so I guess tesla's location map must be wrong.

It's about 1/2 mile from city centre on the eastern side and pretty easy to get to as close by the main outer ring road/a45.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't resist taking a 20 min drive over to bham to check out progress... As can see from pics it looks almost ready - they even have chairs and potted plants set out. No-one around apart from a contractor doing tarmac'ing out back- who told me he'd heard the opening date is 5th November. It was apparently a Saab dealership before. Property Building Commercial building Architecture Facade Interior design Building Property Architecture Room Property Building Room Interior design Architecture Property Room Building Interior design Architecture Pink Architecture Material property Magenta Building

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Great, if a bit behind schedule (I was told mid October by Tesla)

My car needs the drivers door re-aligning, (the bright work doesn't line up properly). I've been putting it off until the Brum store opened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts