Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
at the event last week, they said before christmas they would be opening "pop up" stores and MK was one of the sites mentioned, not sure what a pop up store is though

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
at the event last week, they said before christmas they would be opening "pop up" stores and MK was one of the sites mentioned, not sure what a pop up store is though
A "pop up" is typically a temporary location for a store. The lease could be as short as a month or two.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Received my invite today, and rsvp'd for wifey, myself and our 12 year son. Be good fun to have a test drive in the dark. Guessing they wont have any AWD/autopilot testers in UK yet...?

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be going.

I wouldn't mind a test drive in one with 21s and the air so I can compare. I ordered mine blind, so it will be good to see if there is a significant difference.

I also have some niggles I'd like to book in for rectification.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i tried 19's and 21's, couldnt tell any difference in road noise or vibration. not sure about the air, i dont think either test cars had it. tesla guy who i was with said in his opinion most folks couldnt notice so if i wanted to save some £'s, drop it off the must have list. ps. also be v. interesting to see if any of the cars have the new style bucket seats/fins. or i could just wait until end feb when my 85 is delivered. most excited to see what my wife makes of driving one. she just sat in back seat last time out. also looking forward to trying the music streaming properly so hopefully they have good 3g!¬

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Not likely to see a D or next gen seats until next summer!

Air vs Coil ... Just done a back to back. IMO, the difference is that you feel more connected to the road with the coils, whereas air just soaks it all up.

You feel it most on road humps - air just floats over them. :)

Hard to say which I prefer. The coils are really great, but you don't get the height adjustment. The air is also great, but it leaves you feeling (even more) detached from the driving process.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts