Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,802 Posts
So, at 56mph, it was getting 3.73 m/kWh, and at 75mph it was 2.63 m/kWh, around 8c ambient IIRC.

As he says in the video, not bad for something that size and weight.

I’m sure the Korean boys will be along soon to shout ‘terrible’, but I agree it’s not bad at all.

I quite like the Enyaq I must admit, you can definitely see the echos of the VW ID software/infotainment setup, and it’s funny how covering everything in leather makes it look more upmarket.

I quite like the brown as well!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, at 56mph, it was getting 3.73 m/kWh, and at 75mph it was 2.63 m/kWh, around 8c ambient IIRC.

As he says in the video, not bad for something that size and weight.

I’m sure the Korean boys will be along soon to shout ‘terrible’, but I agree it’s not bad at all.

I quite like the Enyaq I must admit, you can definitely see the echos of the VW ID software/infotainment setup, and it’s funny how covering everything in leather makes it look more upmarket.

I quite like the brown as well!
Yep, just waiting for Mr “it won’t do 150miles in the Winter you moron” to show up 🙄

Think this seals it to be honest. EcoSuite 60. Like the grey too.
His 80 Probably marginally more efficient too without 21” wheels and the sunroof. Summer range should be pretty close to WLTP given the results at 8°.

Presumably the 60 will be set up the same just with a few less cells and less weight.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Life Pro Performance, MY22 (software v2.3)
197 Posts
Presumably the 60 will be set up the same just with a few less cells and less weight.
Yes, although there are a few bits of equipment that are standard on the 80 but not the 60 (can be added as options).

In the table around 9 minutes in TB's video, the range is calculated at 281 miles at 90kph (56mph), or 196 miles at 120kph (75mph).

Assuming much the same efficiency, just multiplying crudely by 3/4 (near enough 58/77!), the 60 looks as though it should provide about 210mi at 90kph and 149 miles at 120kph. Obviously, more in summer and less in winter.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Keep in mind that Bjorn’s range and efficiency tests are based mostly on the board computer data.
All his assumptions are based on that data being accurate and the reality is that it’s as accurate as fuel consumption data displayed by the board computer on an ICE.

To get accurate real life data, you would need to run it on a flat surface in no wind, from 100% to zero and measuring the battery capacity at start and finish.

Take theses tests at entertainment value.

Ie, wind sock horizontal: “It’s not too windy today”.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.