Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title, that dark blue looks pretty good maybe not as good as the red but it's a shame they don't have it as an option for the UK market.

Also is it just me or does the infotainment system seen a bit quicker to respond in this video.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
Yup the infotainment has been speeded up, thats one of the updates. :)

There is discussion over on the FB group that there is a slight bump in range too. Pat had commented he saw a 22km (13miles) range increase. Not much but every little helps.

Funny that all those who say the MG is as aero as a brick but at Bjorns 120kph test its as efficient as the e208 and DS3 e-tense which are both smaller and more aero looking.

I like that Bjorn commented on how quiet the MG is, on motorway tarmac it really is quiet. In fact its even more quiet when you hit that modern almost noiseless tarmac they use for patches now. Just a bit of wind noise around the mirrors.

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny that all those who say the MG is as aero as a brick but at Bjorns 120kph test its as efficient as the e208 and DS3 e-tense which are both smaller and more aero looking.
Given the size of the ZS and some of the gaps on the underside of the car I can't imagine it's more areo efficient than the 208 or even DS. I'm wondering if it's to do with drivetrain efficiency but I guess we'll never know unless we can find the drag coefficient or put them all in a wind tunnel 🤣

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I like that Bjorn commented on how quiet the MG is, on motorway tarmac it really is quiet. In fact its even more quiet when you hit that modern almost noiseless tarmac they use for patches now. Just a bit of wind noise around the mirrors.
A new stretch of dual carriageway has just been relayed in that new super low noise tarmac close to where we live.
We used it for the first time the other day, the car is almost completely silent when travelling on this surface - Nice !.
When Bjorn tested the MG in Norway, he said he could hear some slight wind noise.
He said it was like a low howling noise.
He though it could be either the roof bars or the mast of the roof arial.
The noticed that the roof arial has a spiral wire wrapped around the outside of the screw in mast and wondered if it was this creating the howling sound ?.
A good review I though ???.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to say the ZS is proving to be an excellent car for the price it is at, I'm almost regretting swapping to the 5 now but if the 5's no good for us for any reason I think we'll swap back and get the ZS when the bigger battery version comes out

Ninja edit: 10k posts in this section popular as well keenly priced :ROFLMAO:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts