Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the pitfalls of showing tips and tricks for how to do something, is being unfamiliar with the car itself.

Bjørn has done several vids on the asian version of the car, but his press MG ZS EV is european spec, so does not have the app and some things work a little differently.

So his attempt to show how to pre heat when on charge failed - and he wasted about 2.5kwh of his HV battery.

Enjoy (or don't bother)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Bjorn is one of the leading EV influencers with great experience of all types of EV. If he identifies a missing feature or daft design decision (even if he is mistaken) then it will impact the buying decisions of a significant number of people. The fact that he has spent his own money to buy a ZS in Thailand is a positive for MG, even if it was largely due to favourable tax rules in that territory. MG would do well to pay attention to his comments, especially as improvements are possible with a software fix that would make the car an even more compelling proposition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes he does loads of vids, the fact he bought one was what influenced me.

I knew the app didn't work due to his demos and reviews but I was hoping MG would turn this around quickly. Seems a strange decision having a Thai version of the app and nothing even announced about a European version.

Not having an app and pre-heat/cool will be a big deal in the rest of Europe especially as I gather the dealer situation is not as good in the UK. MG has to work twice as hard to prove itself because of this. Although for what it's worth I think they have been doing a good job so far in the UK. If they can just sort out the niggles quickly, hopefully someone from MG is taking note and we will get some positive comms on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts