Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if those inserts in the wheels between the spokes can be removed (without cutting anything) ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
As far as I know the inserts are fixed to the back of the alloy with several 4,6 or 8 screws, think you need to take the wheel off to get to them

Gary
Electron delivered 17th may
4500 miles
@98 mpg

I'm lovin it

·
Premium Member
11,066 Posts
Richard - Is that something else you don't like? I think you may have the longest list on here ;-)

I am sure someone else will chip in with stuff about aerodynamics...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Didn't I see somewhere that there are coloured options for the wheel inserts? If that is so then I assume they are removable/replaceable?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer my own question..... Yes they do come off. Take the wheel off and pull. Simples.

Not sure if I like them or not now :/ I've put them back on (to be honest because it looked like rain and I couldn't be arsed to take the other 3 wheels off and do them too. I'll wait for a warm sunny day and hope my enthusiasm returns.....

So that'll be some time in 2015 then :( proxy weather!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
The inserts are not just cosmetic BTW. They are part of the aero package that gives the Ampera such good drag figures reducing MPG and increasing EV range.

I am not suggesting removing them will make a lot of difference but it could make some.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had to replace an alloy wheel, the new wheel came complete with a set of dark grey inserts which are attached to the rear of the wheel with 4 screws per insert. I now have a spare wheel but there is nowhere to put it :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
the link doesn't work for the catalogue i was looking thought wow different colour inserts in ampera wheels did anyone find any?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts