Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2E28B92F-0562-4DE0-855C-C983B2FC3FEE.jpeg
E9FB14E8-53A6-4821-A267-243B26474ED9.jpeg
Today I collected my new Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kWh.

Following all the negative talk about the Leaf 3 and it’s charging woes, I thought that ‘the Lemon’ was an appropriate name :ROFLMAO:

It is in Pearl Black Metallic, my first ever black car. It has the Dynamic Pack fitted, which is the blue accents to the front, sides to the sills and rear spoiler as well as the Protection Pack, which is mats front & rear, boot liner and rear bumper protection. It also has a Shark Fin aerial and mudflaps.

I have bought it from @Miles Roberts & his colleague Jon of Chorley Nissan Burnley, which means a short drive of 270 miles back to South London. Tomorrow we are off to Oxfordshire for a few days away, then I’m in Birmingham for a couple of days. A lot of miles in a short space of time. Not usual for me. Let’s see how the car copes. Should be fine.

The collection went well thanks to Miles & Jon.

So far driven 109 miles. Stopped with 17% to charge.

The speedo seems to be about 5% out compared to Tom Tom GO Mobile on my iPhone.

Very relaxing drive. Learning to trust ProPilot.

The car was rapid charged to 98% before I left Chorley Nissan, using their charger which only charges at 20kW.

My first rapid charge.
Charged at 40kW to about 65% then ramped down to 34kW.
At 70% down to 32kW.
At 83% down to 24kW
90% down to 21kW
Then my 45 minutes ran out.

28.5kWh put into the battery costing £8,55.

That is roughly double what I would normally get in my 24kW Leaf.

So far, very happy.

Today the car can travel further than I can as I’m tired!

·
Registered
320 Posts
The Lemon is not an appropriate name. I preferred Peter's approach in naming it after the colour. Black Pearl provides many options. I'm not a fan of black cars, but I once had a black VW VR6 ex demo and fully loaded. It was a sea of beige leather inside and I couldn't see any black whilst driving. Forget the battery management problems if it doesn't affect you and enjoy it. If it develops into a full blown issue with Nissan, I'm sure you will be compensated...
Make sure you squeeze the best out of it...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a friend who maintains Edith looks like Darth Vadar.

I'm really glad you're pleased with it. Keep us posted on how you do with the long trips, and how often you have to juice up the Lemon.

·
Registered
442 Posts
View attachment 84913 View attachment 84897 Today I collected my new Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kWh.

Following all the negative talk about the Leaf 3 and it’s charging woes, I thought that ‘the Lemon’ was an appropriate name :ROFLMAO:

It is in Pearl Black Metallic, my first ever black car. It has the Dynamic Pack fitted, which is the blue accents to the front, sides to the sills and rear spoiler as well as the Protection Pack, which is mats front & rear, boot liner and rear bumper protection. It also has a Shark Fin aerial and mudflaps.

I have bought it from @Miles Roberts & his colleague Jon of Chorley Nissan Burnley, which means a short drive of 270 miles back to South London. Tomorrow we are off to Oxfordshire for a few days away, then I’m in Birmingham for a couple of days. A lot of miles in a short space of time. Not usual for me. Let’s see how the car copes. Should be fine.

The collection went well thanks to Miles & Jon.

So far driven 109 miles. Stopped with 17% to charge.

The speedo seems to be about 5% out compared to Tom Tom GO Mobile on my iPhone.

Very relaxing drive. Learning to trust ProPilot.

The car was rapid charged to 98% before I left Chorley Nissan, using their charger which only charges at 20kW.

My first rapid charge.
Charged at 40kW to about 65% then ramped down to 34kW.
At 70% down to 32kW.
At 83% down to 24kW
90% down to 21kW
Then my 45 minutes ran out.

28.5kWh put into the battery costing £8,55.

That is roughly double what I would normally get in my 24kW Leaf.

So far, very happy.

Today the car can travel further than I can as I’m tired!
Congrats and looks lovely!
Very lucky (y)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now at Oxford Services.

I have hit the charging wall.

29 mins and I’m at 40%. Charging at 22kW. Battery about 3/4, but not in the red.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,190 Posts
Congratulations. Looks good - so much better than old model IMO ;)

Have a safe journey back!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Now at Oxford Services.

I have hit the charging wall.

29 mins and I’m at 40%. Charging at 22kW. Battery about 3/4, but not in the red.
Your first charge ramp down is exactly the same as mine, and unfortunately your second charge the same too.

Exactly same battery temp as mine had.

I understand that this isn't a major issue for you but please do report it to Nissan. Simply so that they can maybe be persuaded to try and resolve it.

PS your car is beautiful. Black would have been my choice too. All the best with it.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
This is my 2nd rapid charge today.

Arrived with 10%. I had been driving the last 85 miles at 70mph using ProPilot.

@NissanGB this is not acceptable. I haven’t even arrived home yet. Another 75 miles to go.

I’m not going to make it on one charge if I drive at 70mph. I will have to slow down to about 60mph.

After 45 minutes I’m at 57% having put in 18.9kWh costing £5.67.

I’m off home now, driving slowly.

Edit: Fat fingers on small keyboard

·
Registered
890 Posts
How does 28.9 kWh match with 57%?
Sounds like the same amount as you got from the first charge?
I would be happy with that, as my car can't even hold that much :confused:;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is my 2nd rapid charge today.

Arrived with 10%. I had been driving the last 85 miles at 70mph using ProPilot.

@NissanGB this is not acceptable. I haven’t even arrived home yet. Another 75 miles to go.

I’m not going to make it on one charge if I drive at 70mph. I will have to slow down to about 70mph.

After 45 minutes I’m st 57% having put in 28,9kW costing £5.67.

I’m off home now, driving slowly.
Lovely looking car and though the journey home sounds frustrating it seems that this is a relatively unusual one for you to make. So enjoy the car but please ensure that Miles (and therefore Nissan) are put on notice that these “exceptions” are becoming the norm.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It’s a piss take for all those who have said we have bought a lemon:cool::D:eek:.
Yes, I was quite aware of that and hoping to continue your good humour in my posts.
Sadly, it seems that your experience confirms the name you have chosen and it is Nissan that are taking the piss.
I sincerely hope that you can reject this purchase without financial loss. I am so glad that I cancelled my order.

1 - 20 of 323 Posts