Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a problem with my left BLISS indicator for ages. My right one is perfect but the left works about 50% of the time, and I cannot find a rhyme or reason to when it works and when it doesn't. It will suddenly work for a few vehicles in a row and then stop working again and then start again. I put it in to my main dealer who basically said NFF. How do I get them to believe me that it doesn't actually work. I can't trust something that only works half the time.
Also, it's a right pain putting it in for maintenance, I have to book a slot with a central booking number, can't discuss the problem with anyone and then leave it with them for the day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blind spot warning. When I overtake a vehicle it doesn't come on. I have always used BLISS in the past (on my previous vehicle) to help indicate when it's safe to turn in again.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,178 Posts
On my MG blind spot didn’t work if I overtook a lorry, but warned me of overtaking vehicles. I did notice today my 2020 Soul didn’t detect a lorry I overtook ( on nearside in UK). It might be dependant on size of vehicle being overtaken. The MG system was dependent and mentioned it in the manual I believe.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,777 Posts
This sounds like the same one that's on the Corsa. Works better on drivers side than passenger side. Worth checking user manual to see if there's a diagram to show area of operation and all the list of conditions when it doesn't work.

If there's a menu to turn it off and then again that's also worth a go. That used to make mine work when it was being dozy.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
There is a menu on the centre user settings screen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my MG blind spot didn’t work if I overtook a lorry, but warned me of overtaking vehicles. I did notice today my 2020 Soul didn’t detect a lorry I overtook ( on nearside in UK). It might be dependant on size of vehicle being overtaken. The MG system was dependent and mentioned it in the manual I believe.
I wondered the same thing at one time but I have ruled it out. I spend a lot of time driving up and down the M1 and as I said I can find no rhyme nor reason to when it works. I have considered size, speed, distance from, and I cannot find a common theme. It is just erratic.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,777 Posts
Dealer will be unable to diagnose is it's not a never works. I'd think best way is to set up a dash cam with a good view of the mirror and the road to show when it's working or not.

The Corsa one is fussy about speed differences. If it's over or under a narrow band it won't work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer will be unable to diagnose is it's not a never works. I'd think best way is to set up a dash cam with a good view of the mirror and the road to show when it's working or not.

The Corsa one is fussy about speed differences. If it's over or under a narrow band it won't work.
I might just have to do that, but not really sure whether it's worth the effort, I've learnt to live with it.
As far as the speed difference is concerned, bear in mind the right hand side works perfectly regardless of differential speed.

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
120 Posts
I think the radar sensor is on the end of the wing mirror - have you bashed it recently/got a load of bird poo on it?

Do you get a warning if you indicate left with a vehicle in the way?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the radar sensor is on the end of the wing mirror - have you bashed it recently/got a load of bird poo on it?

Do you get a warning if you indicate left with a vehicle in the way?
I’ll check the sensor as I wondered the same, but it has been going on now for at least 4 months and there has been plenty of rain. Also I thought if a sensor gets blocked you get a warning, it happens from time to time with other ones.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I can't find the menu item of which you speak. I have typed "bli" into the settings search function and it returns no result.

QUOTE="charleschas, post: 3077177, member: 92079"]
[/QUOTE]
It uses the rear parking sensor/radar

Reactions: Todor
1 - 16 of 16 Posts