Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my VW GTE and while reading the users manual I noticed there is a section related to the blind spot sensor / parking radar (warns you if there's a car coming in). I searched everywhere and no option was found, even though I ordered it in july with full extras. I went to the configuration online and to the order we placed and there is not a single line referring to it. Does your car has it? I feel a little frustrated cause it is one of those nice and handy safety gadgets.

·
Registered
BMW I3s
273 Posts
In the UK that feature (lane assist) was only available if you combined it with the xenon headlights, which at 2k cost would be a very expensive feature. Or do you have park assist, an easy way to tell is the extra button on the centre console and the extra sensors on the outside of the wings front and rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all that, xenon, lane & dynamic/park assist/pilot, front assist, but the blind spot sensor is somehow missing.
I've searched in every submenu and nothing :|
This is why I was asking if someone has it or maybe it's a future feature..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something must be wrong, user or car error ;x

From the UK configurator.

"Lane Assist inc Dynamic Light Assist

Lane Assist camera controlled warning system should the vehicle drift out of its lane, including Dynamic High Beam Assist. Side scan radar sensor controlled warning system for lane changing and blind spots with visual warning via light in .door mirror housing."

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why would you spec inferior Xenon when the car comes with LED as standard? Baffled me why they were even on the options list. Having drove the A3 with both types to compare LED is far superior

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least here they only come with standard rear led lights and the daylight ones (and led headlights are not even optional)*

*Yup, I compared the PT and UK configurators and UK has LED headlights and PT doesn't mention it or even gives it as an optional :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Something must be wrong, user or car error ;x
As GTEVE says, I have all the kit you have, but have never found my blind spot sensor! I also believe there is a mistake somewhere. Will update if I unearth anything, however, dealer knows little or nothing!
From the UK configurator.

"Lane Assist inc Dynamic Light Assist

Lane Assist camera controlled warning system should the vehicle drift out of its lane, including Dynamic High Beam Assist. Side scan radar sensor controlled warning system for lane changing and blind spots with visual warning via light in .door mirror housing."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
same here, the dealer was clueless about this car... so im not even gonna bother asking for it... still im kinda sad thinking I could have got led headlights, even though there were not even on the option or standard list :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's no question on that, but according to the manual it should. According to the pre requisites to that sensor we should have it too, that is why all the fuss in "where is it?"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts